rip off Britain

• Thread starter dontbelieveawordofit
  • Start date
The newspaper was nearly 20 years old. That’s called inflation.

Inflation.

Where the future generation (regardless if one works or not) unless coupled with someone else who works, is to be given a large inheritance, lands it "lucky" will have to save up for 8 years minimum (minimum wage) for a 10 thousand pound deposit in the hope of acquiring a 100000.000 property if not already purchased by landlords,banks etc.
To work and pay for the next 25 years in the hope that one day it might be worth a few quid more.

But seeing the previous problem of working at NMW for 8 years, living no life whatsoever, it will put a few people off so the previous investor might possibly not be able to sell even if it were to be.

So renting becomes more viable, and the landlords at present think its more then suitable to charge 5/8s of a persons NMW per month for a little room in a shared house.
This isnt cramming eastern europeans into a 2 bed house, this is cramming the british workforce into modern slavery.

Talk about the older generation having it so rough.

Sponsored Links
Where the future generation (regardless if one works or not) unless coupled with someone else who works, is to be given a large inheritance, lands it "lucky" will have to save up for 8 years minimum (minimum wage) for a 10 thousand pound deposit in the hope of acquiring a 100000.000 property if not already purchased by landlords,banks etc.
To work and pay for the next 25 years in the hope that one day it might be worth a few quid more.
No, you've got it wrong. You don’t buy a house in the hope that it might be worth a 'few quid more' in the future. You buy a house to live in. End of.

That applies to people who have one house, and live in it.

There are others.

The newspaper was nearly 20 years old. That’s called inflation.

Inflation.

But seeing the previous problem of working at NMW for 8 years, living no life whatsoever, it will put a few people off so the previous investor might possibly not be able to sell even if it were to be.

So renting becomes more viable, and the landlords at present think its more then suitable to charge 5/8s of a persons NMW per month for a little room in a shared house.
This isnt cramming eastern europeans into a 2 bed house, this is cramming the british workforce into modern slavery.

Talk about the older generation having it so rough.
No, you've got it wrong. You don’t buy a house in the hope that it might be worth a 'few quid more' in the future. You buy a house to live in. End of.

And what of retirement?

Sponsored Links
its not appealing to most folk to work 45 years of there life, then come to retirement have nothing but a pile of bricks.
If said pile of bricks were to make abit of a profit, then profit would pay for basic care, travel and a few luxuries.

Otherwise what is the point in working if one has f.all at the end of it?

The freedom of movement denial affects EU/EEA citizens...

Asfaik Pakistan (the original example) isn't a member of said bloc, and thus nothing has changed in that respect...

In fact it's likely that in the future there will be more people coming from outside the EU/EEA...

So if you are worried about 'foreign criminals', chances are they will in that future more likely have a different skin colour :)
I don't have any problem with anyone's skin colour just their moral character.
Criminals come in all shapes and sizes, why make life easier for them by allowing them unrestricted entry to other people's countries.

The same reason as why Britain has long allowed unrestricted entry to people from The Republic of Ireland?

its not appealing to most folk to work 45 years of there life, then come to retirement have nothing but a pile of bricks.
Better than coming to retirement, having nothing but a pile of somebody else’s bricks and still having to find the rent each month for possibly another 30 years.

Last edited:
If said pile of bricks were to make abit of a profit, then profit would pay for basic care, travel and a few luxuries.
Any profit will only be a paper profit unless you sell the house. If you wanted to release some equity, you can do that regardless of whether you made a 'profit' or not.

Last edited:
That only applies to self employed people claiming under the SEIS scheme. I’m not self employed. I’m a humble employee. Employed by a company. My company.

I have a feeling you might regret it...

I see the furlough scheme has been extended until the end of October! Blimey - I don’t work from roughly a week before until a week after the school summer holidays so considering I didn’t expect to be back at work until September at the earliest, this’ll be the first time I’ve been paid for that period since about 2010.

There will be a reckoning when the money needs to be paid back, and I have a feeling you might come a cropper...

Unless of course you resort to 'creative accounting...

But even if you don't, your morals are hardly anything to brag about!

why make life easier for them by allowing them unrestricted entry to other people's countries.
We (the UK) do have restrictions. The migrant 'travel agents' are just taking advantage of the poor implementation of said restrictions.

Priti is trying, bless her.

Sponsored Links
Back