French doors - double glazing

AMT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have french doors at rear of house. Frame is white but with brown finish, which I am told is reason why doors drop, especially in hot weather.

Doors have dropped now despite cold weather and despite advice to use allen key in hinges.

Must I adjust all 3 hinges, or would middle hinge be enough?,
Should key be turned clockwise or anticlockwise? Tried both ways but saw no change in situation.

Anxious for good advice

Sponsored Links
i dont personally think you are going to cure this problem by adjustment alone doors do not drop because of their colour - brown dooors expand more in the heat and usually will catch the frame or the opposite door with french doors. the reason doors drop is poor fitting the glass must be removed and toe and heeled properly preferably with the jacking method this will brace the glass properly it is the weight of the glass unit that causes dropping so you toe and heel to counter this, when this is done then adjust on the hinges
Have french doors at rear of house. Frame is white but with brown finish, which I am told is reason why doors drop, especially in hot weather.

Doors have dropped now despite cold weather and despite advice to use allen key in hinges.

Must I adjust all 3 hinges, or would middle hinge be enough?,
Should key be turned clockwise or anticlockwise? Tried both ways but saw no change in situation.

Anxious for good advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back