Frightening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Well yet another trip to screwfix for some bits. Its great as it on my street so i have my own parts bin nearly on site lol. But the scary thing lately is the amount of people i have passed on the way in or out stinking of weed. Alot get into or out of vans which makes it even worse because you dont know if they doing a job on thier property or being paid to do it on a client as a job. Will have to email Don and Mel to do a Stonerboy builder series.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's everywhere now. Walking through my local shopping centre the other day, there were a couple of yoofs on a bench blatantly puffing away. Not exactly subtle as that stuff stinks and fag smoke is much more pleasant in comparison. I smell it walking past people's houses too. It's just another sign of the decline in society, anything goes.

In some ways I suppose they're less trouble doped up than if they're wasted on scrumpy or Wife Beater. But what may seem harmless is part of a much bigger network of criminality. Rudy Giuliani, mayor of NYC some years ago, realised that if you tackle head-on the low level crimes, the more serious crimes will look after themselves. He was proven correct with a big drop in crime levels.

Yes, it's everywhere now. Walking through my local shopping centre the other day, there were a couple of yoofs on a bench blatantly puffing away. Not exactly subtle as that stuff stinks and fag smoke is much more pleasant in comparison. I smell it walking past people's houses too. It's just another sign of the decline in society, anything goes.

In some ways I suppose they're less trouble doped up than if they're wasted on scrumpy or Wife Beater. But what may seem harmless is part of a much bigger network of criminality. Rudy Giuliani, mayor of NYC some years ago, realised that if you tackle head-on the low level crimes, the more serious crimes will look after themselves. He was proven correct with a big drop in crime levels.
Exactly Local area has loads of dodgey vans going round looking in gardens many with foreign plates local residents constantly reporting on seeing them but the police seem to ignore it despite a vast number of bikes motorbikes and farm stuff going missing constantly. Loads of reports of street drinking just ignored unless they kick off. Nick just one of these types jail them and stop maybe 100 crimes from being committed.

Sponsored Links
He was proven correct with a big drop in crime levels.

Although, by astonishing coincidence the drop in crime started before he began his policy, and happened in other cities at the same time and to the same extent, even without the Rudy policies.

Is Correlation the same as Causation?

No, it isn't.

I have yet too see a better explanation than the removal of lead from petrol, which can be tracked in different cities and different countries, and the date of crime reduction is earlier or later depending on the date of lead removal.

It is essential for politicians, police and prisons to reject this explanation, because, if true, it would make their life's policies meaningless.

https://journals.openedition.org/champpenal/448

I am surprised as nowadays it's not like you can have a cheeky bong then pop down the road to get more cakes, i would be pooping it now with the ability to test for class A/B at the roadside (despite the idiocy of risking peoples lives also). Problem is esp round my way a distinct lack of police cars and the ones that are, are in 'stealth' unmarked, which is all very good but noone gives a sh't and just thinks the area is lawless.
Not long ago watched a lad staggering from bar out into beer garden with about 7 pints he looked fcked. Landlady told em to go away as they were being loud n abusive. 4 of them staggered off into vans and drove off including the tray carrier, i was shocked actually. I don't think ive ever risked dnd ever in my life.

That aside to be able to pop to your local Screwfix for an oz of their finest i think is a good thing, esp if it's Screwfix prices.

No, it isn't.

I have yet too see a better explanation than the removal of lead from petrol, which can be tracked in different cities and different countries, and the date of crime reduction is earlier or later depending on the date of lead removal.

It is essential for politicians, police and prisons to reject this explanation, because, if true, it would make their life's policies meaningless.

https://journals.openedition.org/champpenal/448

If that's true then why is crime, especially violent crime, so high in London now? Compared to 20th century when there was loads of lead in the air.

And why are our prisons bursting at the seams?

Rudy Giuliani, mayor of NYC some years ago, realised that if you tackle head-on the low level crimes, the more serious crimes will look after themselves. He was proven correct with a big drop in crime levels.

Yes I remember 3 strikes and your out... On fella got put away for life for stealing a Pizza on his last life...

I think........

I cleared a load of overgrown shrubs against the fence in my Dads garden last week -the neighbours were complaining it was shading their greenhouse.

Their greenhouse turned out to be totally full of mature cannabis plants :ROFLMAO:

I did some work at a rural cop shop some years ago, and had cause to go into their "evidence store" (which was just a garage, with an up - and - over door). Accompanied, of course.
Inside were seven cannabis plants / trees, with their root balls neatly bagged.
"What are you doing with these six?", I jokingly said to the accompanying lady rozzer.
"Seven .", she replied, with a face like a smacked @RSE.

I must work on my delivery:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back