from the far-off land of Northern Ireland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I made a post a while ago about the difficulty i was having finding a 'caulk board'. the only website i found one on wouldnt deliver to NI. I was offered some helpful advice on where i might find one and was able to order one made by 'Emir' but it was no good, far too rigid.

so i sent the original site an email to see if they'd come round:

hi,

i tried to buy a tool from you several months ago (link below) but you informed me that you would not deliver to Northern Ireland. I have looked everywhere to get one of these but to no avail, i went so far as to contact Stanley and they told me they had sold the decorating side of the business and no longer produced it.

I am writing to you to ask if you would reconsider sending the tool to Northern Ireland, its not heavy and it is within the United Kingdom so the postage shouldn't be too high. Alternatively, i have an uncle in Manchester so i could get it delivered to him then he could send it on to me but this seems a bit mad.

here is the tool in question:

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/Decorating-Accessories/Stanley-Caulking-Tool/invt/710087

Regards,

Peter

they replied:
Dear Peter

Unfortunately we are unable to send the item to Northern Ireland as this would be classed as exporting and would open up several issues for our accounts team.

I am sorry that we are unable to help and appreciate that this may seem to be an odd situation.

We are of course able to post the item to your uncles house if you would like to place the order there.

I hope that this helps and would like to apologies again for any inconvenience that this will cause.

Best Regards

Focus Internet Team

this really irritates me! Northern Ireland is part of the UK, I have a British passport and my money has the queens bake on it. how is sending something to NI exporting?

Sponsored Links
As you say NI is part of the British Isles, seems like they are wrongly interpreting the term "Exporting" would the same apply to Wales?

I hope that this helps and would like to apologies again for any inconvenience that this will cause.

And their word proccessing program hasn't got a spell checker!

I must be getting old as I remember when firms advertising for secretaries/typists insisted they must have a good command of the English language.

The spell checker didn't pick it up because it says "apologies" and is spelt properly. I know it's meant to say apologise.

Sponsored Links
But surely a spell checker should pick up on basic grammatical errors as well?

Back