Where am I from?

Sponsored Links
I can trace my family tree back hundreds of years in the scilly isles and st Ives Cornwall, my ancesters were fishermen and tinners but have you forgotten? we are all brothers and sisters out of Africa.

Richardp said:
I can trace my family tree back hundreds of years in the scilly isles and st Ives Cornwall, my ancesters were fishermen and tinners but have you forgotten? we are all brothers and sisters out of Africa.[/quote
And didn't like each other then sowhat has changed ,memo,to self must go to Cornwall sand is deeper :LOL:

Sponsored Links
my grandparents ( mums side ) came over from Italy along with their ice cream van!! unfortunaley i cannot remember them , they were one of the first italians to move to Peterborough many followed and they all worked in the local brick yards. my uncle also had a ice cream van and used to visit us from northampton in it ! needless to say i was always happy to see him ( and his 99's ) ive lived or worked in London for 29 years so can i count myself as a cockney or a plain old Peterborian ?

oh BTW i also get my good looks from my mums Italiano side ;) :LOL:

poshman said:
my grandparents ( mums side ) came over from Italy along with their ice cream van!! unfortunaley i cannot remember them , they were one of the first italians to move to Peterborough many followed and they all worked in the local brick yards. my uncle also had a ice cream van and used to visit us from northampton in it ! needless to say i was always happy to see him ( and his 99's ) ive lived or worked in London for 29 years so can i count myself as a cockney or a plain old Peterborian ?

why do they call it a "99"?

Richardp said:
poshman said:

why do they call it a "99"?

Richardp ...no idea mate ive always prefered 99-30 = ;)

some one from BBC news must be reading this forum, this was from the news this morning.

"The 99 ice cream was launched in the 1930's. At this time much of the British ice cream industry was run by Italians (people close to our hearts) and it was they who chose the name for the 99. There was a legend that an Italian King had the very finest group of soldiers for his bodyguards - 99 of them in fact. This is why the number 99 represents quality."

Richardp said:
some one from BBC news must be reading this forum, this was from the news this morning.

"The 99 ice cream was launched in the 1930's. At this time much of the British ice cream industry was run by Italians (people close to our hearts) and it was they who chose the name for the 99. There was a legend that an Italian King had the very finest group of soldiers for his bodyguards - 99 of them in fact. This is why the number 99 represents quality."
Is that why there were 99 red balloons?

Richardp said:
I can trace my family tree back hundreds of years in the scilly isles and st Ives Cornwall, my ancesters were fishermen and tinners but have you forgotten? we are all brothers and sisters out of Africa.

Do all Scillonians agree with that final sentence .. beware I have evidence to the contrary... ;)

Richardp said:

That's a myth that was disproven on the TV. It ended up being the press number of the cornet maker.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back