Front Elevation Garage Roof Pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine wants to know if he would be allowed to reduce the pitch of his garage roof (thinking about infilling the gap to the side).

I'm assuming not as it's part of the front elevation but thought I would post here to get advice from people who know more than me on this subject.

The garage roof is the same pitch as all others in the street.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Front Elev.png
    Front Elev.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 407
Sponsored Links
Your friend's house in on the right? And you're talking about filling in the bit on the right of that garage? If not please clarify.

Sponsored Links
If it was just a case of lowering the pitch of the existing garage roof, that wouldn't need planning permission.
But an extension filling in the gap on the right would need planning permission, in which case the planning officer would be entitled to consider the effect of lowering the pitch of the garage roof, and its effect on the street scene.

And don't just put a low monopitch roof right across the front, it will look terrible.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit!

The house is the one on the right. He wants to lower the pitch of the garage roof.

Personally I can't see that it matters that much as the infill extension would need PP anyway. But what he would like to do is have the garage roof at the same pitch as the extension roof.

I did suggest the extension roof could be formed to the same pitch as the garage roof and a "cut out" formed for the upstairs window, but he wasn't keen on that idea.

Anyway, cheers so far!

Why not keep the same pitch, but make it a mansard tiled skirt and then finish the back section with a flat roof.

The tiled section could match the neighbours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back