Frost Stat Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We've got a Glow worm Micron 60FF in the garage with a frost stat and pipe stat.

Usually when it's quite cold the heating will switch on, heat the radiators on to max temp and then switch off for about an hour or so and then do the same again.

What I was wondering is why the heating comes on to max temp, if it should shut off once the return pipe is at 5C?

Also, last night, instead of heating the radiators, it heated the hot water circuit instead. It struck me that this is far more economical as it's quicker at heating a smaller volume of water and has the added benefit of killing two birds with one stone: heating up the hot water whilst keeping itself from freezing. This reduces the amount of gas used in the morning to heat the water cylinder.

Why did it heat the hot water last night instead of the heating and is there a way I can get it to do that all the time?

Controller is a Honeywell wireless 7 day programmer with a wireless thermostat. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back