Frozen condensate pipes everywhere you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
some boilers are designed to be fitted outside (literally ) installed quite a few of them all oil fired !!

All this talk from some, about installers deliberately running out side condensate pipes , so they get to charge for call backs ect what nonsense !!!

Must admit that it is my prefered route , most of the boilers we install have out side condensate pipes !

All of this moaning about condensate pipes freezing up ect , in a lot of cases ( not all ) many home owners could help themselves ? apply some simple logic freezing weather can = frozen water pipes , what can we do , tempoary preventive action may be ??? or just do nothing , scratch your bums , & blame the installer , boiler manus, the council , Government
ect ect !

Sponsored Links
A lot of the problem IMO is the folk that dream up the regs etc dont live in the same world as the rest of us. Most have probably never been on a site in their life, and half sit behind desks in nice warm offices dreaming up these regs to justify their salary and gold plated pension. (Funded by the taxpayers of course...)

Every job has to be dealt with on its own merits. Whereas an estate of properties built within the last 30 years had central heating 'built in', and systems are likely to be virtually identical, many older properties have had CH retrofitted over the years, each with an individual installation decided by the installer/client at the time. The local housing association here fitted all their properties with CH in the late 90's. All had a BBU fitted, chimney in centre of the house. Many older properties were fitted with open flue boilers, (mine had a Potterton Kingfisher CF), in place of the original Aga or stoves in the 'middle' of the property, or a BBU in the lounge.

When these reach the end of their useful lives either the house has to be pulled apart to reroute the pipes to the new boiler position or space found to fit a condensate pump. Either way, this still needs to be terminated at a suitable point which may not be available internally. The engineer on site has to make a decision based on the situation he/she is faced with. In an ideal world there wouldnt be a problem. We dont live in an ideal world, and a 'one size fits all policy' just wont work.
Not only does a boiler change require condensate problems, there,s the plume and windows to take into consideration.My boiler change, IF I change may fall foul of the window plume.Can anyone tell me regs regarding this?

Was just waiting for this, 'havent contributed technically'. Thats the problem with tradesmen like you

Forget condensate termination, that's just a vehicle you've used to make your only contribution. Which is to imply that heating installers do their job deliberately incorrectly in order to capitalise financially from the resulting faults. Now you pause, take a breath and wonder at the patheticness of that assumption. Then ask yourself why you're courting scornful replies.

Its not at all 'patheticness'. You're only upset cos someone has finally has pulled up all the evidence contrary to your 'false' remarks about having no choice generally.

Its simple, plumb it internally. Thats the advice.

If you dont, then use your considerable (and not withstanding infallible logic!) knowledge that small pipes with water will freeze at 4 degrees C.

You're making this personal, but we all watched rogue traders, the evidence is everywhere, you're not following guidelines. Having a pop at me isnt going to redeem your stance.

Secondly ive noticed its mainly you with the scornful replies. How about being a bit more practical and going out to fix the issues that your trades have caused rather than being the keyboard warrier that you so clearly are!

This dick is probably a rogue custard with a chip on his shoulder :rolleyes:
In the new year go and see a shrink :LOL:

Cheers. thanks for that. I'll think about that one, in the meantime, would you be able to contribute more usefully and tell use why the guidelines are being ignored? Cheers luv!

Sponsored Links
This dick is probably a rogue custard with a chip on his shoulder :rolleyes:
In the new year go and see a shrink :LOL:

Cheers. thanks for that. I'll think about that one, in the meantime, would you be able to contribute more usefully and tell use why the guidelines are being ignored? Cheers luv!

Guidelines across life are being ignored you tit, not just plumbing & heating.

I have fitted a number of external condensates taking into consideration their route and they have not frozen, how about that!

And what about all of the mains water supplies that have burst and frozen aswell as drains, tanks, pipes in lofts?

What about the airports this country aswell as others in chaos?
Oh and dick next time you have work carried out on your heating system dont listen to ****ed Tom or harry down the pub as to how it should be done. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back