Full rewire costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of a full rewire for a 2 up 2 down mid terrace house please including shower.

Mark

Sponsored Links
About the price of a second hand car.

But seriously, is it empty? Is the kitchen stripped out? Is the loft easy to access? Is there access under ground floor? Will you be chasing the walls for cables? Will you be lifting boards and replacing? How many circuits? How many sockets? Downlights? Dedicated fridge/freezer/boiler circuit in protected cable? Alarm system? Smokes? Emergency lights? Outside light? Any electric heating? Outbuilding?

If you havent already thought of any of the above, now is the time. They are all variables, which makes giving a quote online very difficult to do.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noo. What do you want doing? How many points/room? Standard plastic, or expensive chrome? Any furniture to move about? Do you need a cooker feed? Network? TV points? Downlights? Outside lights?

Edit: Beaten to it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Sorry that was a bit vague!
I'm looking at buying a house to do up which I've not done for a few years so I'm a bit out of touch and trying to get some idea's on all of the costs so I can start and put my budget together.
All the fittings will be standard plastic with nothing fancy but decebt quality (MK) as it's to go straight back on the market.

It will be totally stripped out ready for the first fix.

Lounge & Kitchen (open plan) 6 double sockets
Cooker point in kitchen.
2g2w lights in lounge/kitchen
ceiling rose & drop in lounge & kitchen
Stairs & landing 2g 2w
Both bedrooms 2 double sockets, 1g 1w standard ceilng roses & drops
Bathroom will need a shower switch & 1g 1w light
Nothing to go outside.
New fuse bourd.

Hope thats a bit more useful

Mark

price varies quite a bit depending on your location. As you appear to be in yorkshire and having some idea of how yorkshire finance works, i would say job lot = £3.50 so long as you buy some bread and drippin for the spark's lunch (and a marrowbone for his whippet)
He'll be happy for you to delay his work with conversations about how awesome Geoff Boycott is and how great it is to live in gods own country. :)

Why don't you create a standard 'wish list' of what you want and ask 3 local sparkies to quote against the same list?

Cooker point in kitchen.
Stairs & landing 2g 2w

I think that's rather under-specified especially in terms of sockets.

Immersion heater?
Central heating wiring?
TV / Satellite?
Shaver point in bathroom?
Phone / broadband?
No light for the back yard?
Tubular heater for the ferret shed?

Cooker point in kitchen.
Stairs & landing 2g 2w

I think that's rather under-specified especially in terms of sockets.

Immersion heater?
Central heating wiring?
TV / Satellite?
Shaver point in bathroom?
Phone / broadband?
No light for the back yard?
Tubular heater for the ferret shed?

Having not been working in the refurb and sell market for a few years you should consider the above extras.

The difference between what you think is required and what a new buyer of a full refurb would want as 'in situ / already sorted' suggest you remember the days when anything would sell.

Do the best job add 20% to wiring budget and make it complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back