Full side extension of this house style

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time post here so sorry if I'm not posting in the right place.

I would like to know ballpark figures or advice from anyone that has completed an entire side extension of the house style that I have attached an image of. I am imagining the side extension would be the same style as the existing house, and would simply make the house wider :)

This is a very common house style in Bedford so I imagine someone, somewhere has done an entire side extension of it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 172790_GOOD043_IMG_14_0000.jpg
    172790_GOOD043_IMG_14_0000.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
As a rough idea you can be thinking about £1000 per sq m of floor space. Start adding kitchens and bathrooms on top of this...... more for gold plated taps and frescos on the ceiling.

Only a rough idea I was told. Certainly in London and surrounding areas it could be plenty more, but for you I'd guess about right. As others will say, you won't know until you get a few quotes, but £1k/m will be a pretty good ball park.

Sponsored Links
There will be either attic trusses or steel beams and supports for the first floor and roof, so more like £1300 -£1500 per m2, and that won't include internal fit out for bathrooms or kitchen.

£1k m2 is a bit light nowadays, especially the further south you go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back