Funny or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I must missing the point or is Ricky Gervais over rated?

In my book Peter Kay is very funny in everything he does, Eric & Ernie, Mr Tommy Cooper and Ronnie Barker were all very funny but I must be missing something with Ricky Gervais because I don't find him even slightly funny.

Who are the great comedians?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Chris Rock is a great observer of life,and his stage show reflects that...

LAUGH....i nearly passed me fags around.

tony hancock
tommy cooper
eric sykes
but tommy cooper was the best :LOL: he didnt even have to do anything, just walk on stage and everyone laughed even died in the same way.

Richardp said:
tony hancock
tommy cooper
eric sykes
but tommy cooper was the best :LOL: he didnt even have to do anything, just walk on stage and everyone laughed even died in the same way.

All dead 'cept Erlok and maybe he should be ..
image.php

:D :D

Nearly all of the early comedians mentioned were really just actors acting out a role of being funny. The gags were all written by teams of writers (who were the real comedians).

Personally, I like the 'Buzzcock' type of humour.

joe

Eric, was writer, actor, comedian, director.
Some names to remember in this
This was Eric Sykes' third realisation of his not-so-wooden idea. 'Sykes And A Plank', with full dialogue, was screened in 1964 as part of his ongoing BBC series, with Hattie Jacques in the main assistant's role. This was followed by a 54-minute film made for the cinema in 1967 - this time with partial dialogue, again directed by Sykes, produced by Jon Penington - which featured an equally all-star cast for the period and Tommy Cooper as the principal support.

The Plank ...
UK, ITV (Thames), Comedy film, colour, 1979

Cast
Eric Sykes
Arthur Lowe
Lionel Blair
Henry Cooper
Harry H Corbett
Bernard Cribbins
Robert Dorning
Diana Dors
Charlie Drake
Jimmy Edwards
Liza Goddard
Deryck Guyler
Charles Hawtrey
Frankie Howerd
James Hunt
Wilfrid Hyde White
Joanna Lumley
Kenny Lynch
Brian Murphy
Kate O'Mara
Ann Sidney
Reg Varney
Frank Windsor
Crew
Eric Sykes - Writer / Director

Magic !! I remember the hilarious japes ! Funny without so much as a partial swear word.
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back