Funny or not?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Steven Wright

Tommy Cooper

A lot of the original guys from the comedians..including Bernard Manning, ok you may not like the content but they are very polished in the delivery..unlike a lot of so called alternative 'comedians' who just scream opinions at the audience then what for a laugh.

Jimmy Carr

Roy Walker..very dry

Bob Monkhouse...very clever and witty but a really irritating manner IMO

Morcombe and Wise..(well morcombe anyway)

Bob Todd

Spike Milligan

Jackie Mason

Bob Newheart

Lets be honest anyone who has to bottle to get up on a stage and do a bit deserves respect good or bad...but one mob really cheese me off...impressionists!...why is it whenever they go on anybody elses show they HAVE to do at least one impression!!?

Zampa said:
why is it whenever they go on anybody elses show they HAVE to do at least one impression!!?

Probably same reason comedians have do a joke on a show or Ulrika Jonsson has to do a bloke...it's what they do ;)

noodlz said:
Zampa said:
why is it whenever they go on anybody elses show they HAVE to do at least one impression!!?

Probably same reason comedians have do a joke on a show or Ulrika Jonsson has to do a bloke...it's what they do ;)

:eek: If she had a party in her mouth I wonder if she'd invite me to come?

Zampa said:
:eek: If she had a party in her mouth I wonder if she'd invite me to come?

There's a fair chance...I've heard she has a long guest list.

This is just me, but I don't really find stand-up funny at all. Don't know why, but I just think you get more laughs from a night down the pub rather than listen to someone recite a script, on the pretence that they are just coming out with this stuff.

My wife has the theory that I'm just jealous because they are funnier than I am, but that is just rubbish.........

gcol said:
Norman Collier
would have been a great comedian if for the fact no-one heard his punchlines due to him always having a dodgy mike. ;)

My faves are:

Billy Connolly (absolutely superb)
Eddie Izzard (early stuff was fantastic but sadly seems to have got progressively less funny with time)
Peter Kay

Funnily enough I do think Ricky Gervais's stand-up is very good, but I don't find him funny in the Office, etc.

Billy Connelly was hilarious in the old days but ever since he made his 'Ken Bigley' comments I haven't like him much.

joe

joe-90 said:
Billy Connelly was hilarious in the old days but ever since he made his 'Ken Bigley' comments I haven't like him much.

joe
I must have missed that, what was said?

Sponsored Links
Back