Funny or not?

Billy's gag gaff - Oct 04

Billy Connolly oversteps the mark with Bigley joke. The Scots comedian has put his status as 'nation's favourite' at risk after a seriously misjudged joke during a recent stand up gig. Billy told a shocked audience that he wished that the Iraqi militants threatening to behead British hostage Ken Bigley would "just get on with it." But not even a stoney silence stopped the comedian from going on to ask "what is it with him and that Asian wife?"

An audience member who stood up and shouted "you're talking about a man's life Billy!" was told by the Big Yin to **** off. Billy and his management company have yet to comment whilst Bigley's brother has told press that the family have more important things to worry about but with news reaching us that the hostage has indeed been killed we wonder if Billy's popularity will be taking a turn for the worse.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, very poor taste to say something like that as part of a comedy routine - even though it's what a lot of us were thinking...

What I dont get is why a so caleld alternative comedian can get on the stage and crack gags about the smelly french, fat yanks, miserable krauts etc...and yet Kim Davidson does a chalkie joke and everyone starts getting tetchy and wringing their hands together

Sponsored Links
Nobody (dont care who you are, where your from) likes to be the butt of someone elses joke. Keep an open mind and sense of humour and dont take it personally. I was recently sent tracks of Roy Chubby Brown, John Valby and Jasper Carrott.....cant understand a flippin word.....but hysterical nonetheless. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I went to see Al Murray (The Landlord) live at the weekend.
His whole act was to take the p!ss out of different people in the audience.
Very very funny if you like that sort of thing!!
I was just glad to be sitting at the back of the theatre. :LOL:

Went to see Chubby Brown live about 4 years ago and I thought he was complete sh!te! Very over-rated. He just uses the same old jokes over and over again. :confused:

I think Jasper Carrott is a clever and good comedian.

Kendor's hoping for a ticket from the ginger man himself.......

Sponsored Links
Back