Furniture repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how to fix this type of damage please? (Please see photo)

I have a few similar damaged areas across a number of furniture but this is one of the worse.

I also have damage on a flat surface and heard colorfill was good and has good reviews but I’m not sure how I would apply it to edgers and corners?

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• 7AE3683A-BB9F-48B8-BD7B-4EDE28662BD2.jpeg
    7AE3683A-BB9F-48B8-BD7B-4EDE28662BD2.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links
No, I doubt that it will work. Colourfill is really a joint sealant/adhesive and cant be readily formed or polished. Your furniture looks to be vinyl wrapped particle board with PVC edge banding. The only way I know to repair that is to cut back, fill with a 2-pack filler, sand (carefully), then spray paint with an appropriate paint (Google "Konig UK" for appropriate materials). Smaller repairs such as scratches and gouges can sometimes be effected using coloured waxes and a spatula

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back