fuse blows after installing timeswitch

perfect thank so much!

so in order to figure out which I'm unplugging, I guess if the topmost element is on, it should heat up quickly but also not give out much hot water?

Sponsored Links
@john shouldn't it be cheaper to have it turn on a couple of hours a day before we have our showers rather than have it on all the time?

perfect thank so much!

so in order to figure out which I'm unplugging, I guess if the topmost element is on, it should heat up quickly but also not give out much hot water?

Yes, but even the long element will heat the water from the top down - it will just continue heating it for longer.

Sponsored Links
I see thanks Andy, I figured the boost function of the one I've got would have worked the same way?

On the one I linked, the timer works on one element, and boost on other element. And I think it ensures both elements can’t be on together (hence no fuse blowing)

I guess you may as well stick with what you have purchased.

Another one asking the same question on two different forums! And getting similar answers. Why do they do it?

because I didn't really know which forum had the most users and was looking to solve this the quickest,
I was going to delete the redundant thread but it turns out they don't allow you to.

@john, how comes? its white, brand new.

Then it has very good insulation. And if you don't get cheap off-peak electricity your timer brings no benefit. You may as well just leave the immersion heater on all the time.

As soon as the water has been heated to its target temperature, the internal thermostat will turn it off and it will stop using electricity.

because I didn't really know which forum had the most users and was looking to solve this the quickest,
I was going to delete the redundant thread but it turns out they don't allow you to.
Don't worry about it.

For some reason, some people read two different forums.

Another one asking the same question on two different forums! And getting similar answers. Why do they do it?
simply because it doubles their chances of getting the right answer, before you prattle on with your usual follow up... No I for one do not visit the other forums.

Quite right too, as far as I'm concerned, anyone asking a sensible question (ie one they don't know the answer to) is welcome here and if I were on other forums I'd welcome them there too.

Then it has very good insulation. And if you don't get cheap off-peak electricity your timer brings no benefit. You may as well just leave the immersion heater on all the time.

As soon as the water has been heated to its target temperature, the internal thermostat will turn it off and it will stop using electricity.
No insulation is perfect so it will start cooling down and switch on again. If you are not in during the day it is better to time if off when you leave and on again shortly before you get back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back