fused switch into single socket

just on another note, how can you tell its ring circuit just from the pictures i gave?

You can't for sure without testing the circuit, but the pictures suggest that it is!
Sorry I didn't realise you preferred to keep the circuit as one and just wanted to remove the heater as your a tight landlord ;)

Sponsored Links
just on another note, how can you tell its ring circuit just from the pictures i gave?

You can't for sure without testing the circuit, but the pictures suggest that it is!
Sorry I didn't realise you preferred to keep the circuit as one and just wanted to remove the heater as your a tight landlord ;)

well im a scotsman after all!
im after the simplest, safest method really. in 5 years living in the flat i have never used the heater in the hallway, as its small and noone spends time in the hall! as im renting it out, i wanted to eliminate the chance of getting a phone call to tell me the electric heater is broken (2 of the other heaters have already broken and i could do without the extra expense, as i would need someone to fit it too as i live miles away) . plus, the less in the inventory the less chance of something going faulty!

yeah, i dont mind keeping it as one circuit. if i put a socket in the place of the fused switch, there should be nothing wrong with the tenant operating the lounge heater at the same time they are using an appliance connected to the new socket. the 32mcb should still be OK?

Sponsored Links
well im a scotsman after all!

That was enough :LOL:

Good luck with socket change and the rental/tenant!
And most important of all, congratulation and best of luck with the wee one!

thanks again ! always good to find people helping each other out.
great forum.
ill sort that socket out this weekend if i get time. Oh how i love DIY on a sunday... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back