G3 Unvented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps

I install (on average) about one unvented cylinder a month and took my g3 about six years ago and my card shows no expiry date.

Is it a one off or is it now subject to periodical re assesment, would hate to be illegal ;)

Sponsored Links
I was told it would last indefinitely, as long as I remained a member of the Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (IPHE) since it was their scheme that I was assessed on.

original one through the citb was indefinite but the new ones should be renewed every five years so i have been told i too held the citb one but could not find the details so have had to renew :rolleyes: hope this helps as no one could/would answer the question about validity.more money for the training centres. :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
I did mine through CITB about 2 years ago and was told it was valid indefinitely.

Mine is CITB and i was informed it would last indeffinately, with regards to renewal aren't, corgi now allowing you to opt into the Part G (plumbing and unvented) scheme which includes a one off inspection for a fee of course and then every time you register one, corgi has the option to inspect your install just like standard gas works thus ensuring compliance and competency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back