Galaxy 8 Plus setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I know, it's a very old alarm. I am about to complete the sale of my house and want to change access code. The user codes are all unset, and when I set the system I can do it by just hitting the A key i.e. I don't need to enter the access code. I have the Engineer manual etc, but there's no mention of just hitting the A key. I'm assuming that the code we are using is actually the manager code. I see in the engineer manual that I can reset that to default, but am nervous of setting off the alarm. Can anyone help me with changing the access code? Are we using the manager code and can i set it to default?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you need to look at the user and manager guides I supect which should cover how to change the code.

Thanks for getting back to me Secureiam. I have been reading through the galaxy 8+ and 16+ user guide, and have the 16+ engineers manual. I recognise the menus so am pretty sure they are the right ones for this system, but no mention of just hitting the A key to set. Although my wife always does tell me that I don't look with my eyes. I'll have another look.

the arming set maybe covered in the installers programming, changing the code should be in the user/ manager guides.

Not a galaxy person so would have to check.

Sponsored Links
Not sure about your particular panel, but on a Galaxy G2-12 there's a setting (menu 51 25) called Easy Set. Enabling this means you can set the alarm by pressing A without a pin number.

Hi all. I've managed to find the setting in the parameters menu which is accessible through the engineer code. Thanks alan333 you are correct but in the case of my alarm the menu numbers are different. I've found the quick set and quick part options on page 60, which allow the set through just press of A or B. I've concluded that the only codes in the system are the user code - which in mine are all not set, the engineer code, which is set to default, and the manager code, which in my system is the one that we've been using to set and unset. I'm off to try it now, during the day, when the alarm going off won't cause so much upset :)

Thanks for the help.

Alaric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back