Galaxy G2 Tamper Alarm not sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why the tamper alarm isn't sounding when a tamper is created on the above panel. It just beeps once and shows alerts. I've attached a video to demonstrate.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's been a while since I've played with Galaxy. Are you in engineer mode by any chance? Try hitting esc twice, entering the engineer code then esc again. Does it do this for all devices or just that PIR?

You are unset, so you will only receive alerts. If you fit the internal speaker, it will be louder, but tamper when unset will not activate the external sounder. This is normal operation.

If you had a situation where a particular circuit or sensor was vulnerable to attack in day mode, then you would probably wire it separately as a 24hr protected zone.

The beep you are hearing is from the internal sounder/speaker

I understand that it won't activate the external sounder when unset, but are you saying that the internal alarm doesn't activate when there is a tamper?

Sponsored Links
This is a normal response for the G2. You only get an alert from a tamper condition (ie "ALERT" message on the keypad and an intermittent beep from the keypad/speaker). Of course when the system is set, it's a full alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back