Galley Kitchen - advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope this is the right forum!

Am just looking for a bit guidance.

Cut a long story short we would like to fit our own utility room, father in law will plumb in the sink/tap
and separate company will cut the stone worktop.

It is a galley utility going from wall to wall.

It will contain Larder cabinet, sink base with wall cabinet above and then a "DIY" cabinet made of end panels and doors
for the freestanding stacked washer/dryer.

My question is the larder will be side onto a wall (crude plan attached).

At number 4 i think i need to leave a gap between the wall and the unit so the door will open properly - is that right?

My question is should i use a timber filler and then a bit of the plinth to finish it or should i just make things
easy and buy an end panel?

I'm just asking cos the end panels are like £140 where a small piece of timber and offcut of plinth is significantly cheaper.

Just wondering what others would do when its DIY?

Thanks in advance Lou

Attachments

• ScreenShot1333.jpg
    ScreenShot1333.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You only need a panel width (18mm) on the left of tall unit you could use the off cut from full height end panel if you are using one on the right of the tall unit or strip of 18mm mdf with colour match tape trim on top .
Or if on a budget simply paint the mdf trim to match the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back