Game of Ping Pong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again 'happy as can be' Pillar to post!

Installed electric shower for customer. Found to be faulty. Customer doesn't want Triton to come out to repair - wants a replacement new one. Fine.

Get back to supplier (on-line). Can't return it as it's been fitted, manufacturers problem.

Get back to manufacturer. We can repair but not replace - suppliers problem.

Back to supplier telling them no mention of 'if an appliance is fitted you cannot return it' in the T&C's. How else would I have known it was faulty!

Blooming game of Ping Pong :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back to supplier telling them no mention of 'if an appliance is fitted you cannot return it' in the T&C's. How else would I have known it was faulty!

Thats useally the case with triton, mira etc
Why is he against them fixing it ? Its in their hands now under their warranty terms you've done your bit.

Thats useally the case with triton, mira etc
Why is he against them fixing it ? Its in their hands now under their warranty terms you've done your bit.

You would have thought so, but customer requested I remove it and send it back - didn't want repair. Couldn't exactly refuse.

So now what are you gonna do with a faulty shower that you have removed ?

what model is it ?
and whats wrong with it ?

Sponsored Links
Its standing in my hallway at the moment awaiting a reply from Tapsuk. It's a Topaz T100si 10.5kw and on commissioning it only gave out 33deg C. Rang Triton and they confirmed fault.

lovely showers for diagnosing faults on.
what did they come back with faulty pcb ?

One good thing the customer has already paid up.

If I don't get any joy it's either going back on the wall for Triton to deal with or it will be buy another from somewhere else and do a swap and return, which I'm reluctant to do. Could be digging my own grave forking out another £245.

Under Sale of Goods Act a customer has to give a supplier or manufacturer reasonable opportunities to repair a faulty product before becoming entitled to a replacement or refund.

If they refuse to have it repaired, they've run out of rights.

Under Sale of Goods Act a customer has to give a supplier or manufacturer reasonable opportunities to repair a faulty product before becoming entitled to a replacement or refund.

Don't have a clue about 'Sale of Goods' and all it's legal mumbo jumbo. Seem all can argue their point, but I appreciate your comment Inky. What about 'Fit for Purpose'? It hasn't met it. :confused:

Absolutely wrong! The product is not of merchantable quality. They have a right to a refund, they don't even need to accept a replacement. Did you, the OP, make a profit on the supply?

Nope, I supplied at cost price. Customer was very aware of prices. As we were doing other work for them I didn't mind. And I've got the written quote to prove it.

If you bought something, that doesn't work when installed, then the retailer is to blame, and must re-supply, or go to the CAB and trading standards.

Sponsored Links
Back