Compensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Example:

I supply and fit an electric shower. Shower works fine for a week or two and then conks out.

As I guarantee my work, I return, whip shower out take it back to supplier, they swap it for a new one (yeah right) I go back fit new shower customer is happy.

Return, shower off, return to supplier, fit replacement = three hours. Can I claim my time from the supplier,

In this example, only a small job/amount of time, but other examples could take considerably longer.

Anyone been in this situation. If so what happened?

Sponsored Links
John has this happened to you? As with electric showers, I always send off the paper work so that if anything goes wrong the manufacturer will send out one of their guys.

Andy

As above. I recently fitted a Bristan kitchen monobloc mixer tap to a customer's sink. After a couple of days, it started leaking where the lever joins the body of the tap.

After I phoned Bristan, they sent one of their chaps round a couple of days later to fix it. The manufacturer should be your first port of call if anything you fit goes wrong and would require more of your labour to remove and fit a replacement.

Have to say I was very impressed with Bristan's customer service.

Sponsored Links
Back