Game of Ping Pong?

Customer doesn't want Triton to come out to repair - wants a replacement new one.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...erstanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights/

"You have the right to get a faulty item replaced or repaired, if you're happy with this (or if it's too late to reject it). You can ask the retailer to do either, but they can normally choose to do whatever would be cheapest."

The key here is the reference to consumer. I presume your customer is a consumer (i.e. not a developer), but you were not a consumer when you bought it from your supplier, you were a trade buyer so the consumer protections do not apply to you (i.e. you are the retailer in the last para quoted above).

Sponsored Links
Rfom the same source:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...erstanding-the-sale-of-goods-act/your-rights/

If you want to get your money back
If you buy a product that turns out to be faulty, you can choose to 'reject' it: give it back and get your money back. However, the law gives you only a 'reasonable' time to do this – what is reasonable depends on the product and how obvious the fault is. However, even with something like a car, you usually have no more than three to four weeks from when you receive it to reject it.

This reight to reject applies because it was faulty from new. It would be described as "not of merchantable quality".

NEVER supply something for no pofit. As you are trade, you have no automatic right to reject under consumer law. If your client had purchased it, the online retailer would have been oblliged to refund.

But this is all basic stuff, and anyone in business should know it.

Most clients would, though, accept a service call.

Sorry Inky, I hadn't noticed your refference re consumer / trade before I posted.

Customer doesn't want Triton to come out to repair - wants a replacement new one.

"You have the right to get a faulty item replaced or repaired, if you're happy with this (or if it's too late to reject it). You can ask the retailer to do either, but they can normally choose to do whatever would be cheapest."

The key here is the reference to consumer. I presume your customer is a consumer (i.e. not a developer), but you were not a consumer when you bought it from your supplier, you were a trade buyer so the consumer protections do not apply to you (i.e. you are the retailer in the last para quoted above).

Spoke to our local trading standards and he confirms the above, which is why Tapsuk are not even answering my emails. :evil:

Still not resolved yet as I'm awaiting return of the customer from holiday, but I'm hoping she will accept a repair. If not then I'll fit a replacement, carry on chasing tapsuk or get triton to repair and I'll sell it off at a small loss.

Live and learn eh! As never had this prob in 17yrs..[/b]

Sponsored Links
I work for one of the national plumbers merchants chains and we get this sort of thing occasionally. The problem we get is that most people just rip a 'so-called faulty' shower of the wall and dump it on our counter demanding a new one. We do as a rule just replace it but the manufacturers aren't always happy with this, according to them most are installer errors not a faulty product. Sometimes ends with us getting stuck with the product when the makers won't take it back. An installer saying it is faulty doesn't really mean that it is.

As you can imagine telling a plumber on the counter that he may have fitted it wrong can be awkward so you have to be diplomatic about it.

As you can imagine telling a plumber on the counter that he may have fitted it wrong can be awkward so you have to be diplomatic about it.

Understand where your coming from Pmerchant. Lots of 'Plumbers' out there good and bad unfortunately. Sad thing in my case is shower commissioned one day, two days later problem. My word against theirs. :cry:

Ping Pong game over. Customer agreed to have Triton out to repair. Turned out missing flowswitch!

Now to write 'polite' letter to Tapsuk. :evil:

Back