Gangs to close any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Where did he say that?

He said that he didn't think it sensible to put the plugs/sockets behind heavy appliances, but I didn't notice him saying that one should not use plugs/sockets at all.

Kind Regards, John

It's called logical deducement, he vehementally and insultingly criticises sockets behind appliances. Don't ask me why, but seems he just wants to stir up trouble. However this thread states FCU's used as isolators and bizarrely plug tops cut off and conected via wagos to the FCU with the cable hanging out of the wall.

He doesn't criticise this, so he obviously approves of this method, and thats called selective criticism.

Sponsored Links
You should read the post properly, he never said that

He never said lots of things, but implied others, I suggest you read post #10, he bizarrely had no criticism of that post.

They do not go into sockets beneath the cabinets, the plugs were cut off and they were wago'd. The fused spur cables to the other ends also come out via the walls.

Perhaps he did the job:D

you speak quite good English, for a Bulgarian, but that is not the correct word.

A native English speaker would say "deduction."

Thanks for the advice, so how good is your bulgarian smartarse. hahahaha

thats called selective criticism
I spy paranoia as one of your traits. It’s just that it wasn’t you that mentioned the Wagos.
But now that you have… we don’t have all of the facts. If the installation method is wires hanging out of the wall and connected to the appliance by Wagos then that ain’t right.
But, if the Wago connection is inside a box, covered with a blanking plate which provides strain relief for the cable then there’s no problemo.

In fact, it solves the socket behind the appliance issue that I lay awake at night worrying about.

I've come across a situation where a built in fridge or freezer (can't remember which) only just fitted with the socket behind it. I think it probably had a plug shaped depression in the rear insulation when it was home.
My preference is for sockets in an adjacent cupboard. If you don't want big holes (that a plug will fit through), remove the plug and use a hole big enough to thread the cable through and fit a new plug.

I spy paranoia as one of your traits. It’s just that it wasn’t you that mentioned the Wagos.
But now that you have… we don’t have all of the facts. If the installation method is wires hanging out of the wall and connected to the appliance by Wagos then that ain’t right.
But, if the Wago connection is inside a box, covered with a blanking plate which provides strain relief for the cable then there’s no problemo.

In fact, it solves the socket behind the appliance issue that I lay awake at night worrying about.

For clarity, read post #10.

It's called logical deducement,
No it isn't.

he vehementally and insultingly criticises sockets behind appliances.
No he doesn't.

Don't ask me why, but seems he just wants to stir up trouble.
No, that will be you, that will.

However this thread states FCU's used as isolators and bizarrely plug tops cut off and conected via wagos to the FCU with the cable hanging out of the wall.
No it doesn't.

He never said lots of things, but implied others
No, what's going on here is not him implying things, it is you inferring them, and them being incorrect inferences on account of your febrile mind.

I think you can safely assume that we all have read it - and therefore know that what TTC recently wrote is very reasonable.

Kind Regards, John

Did the forum appoint you spokesman? or did you do it your self?

Hello all,

I think the pictures speaks for themselves. Bit stuck as to what can be done here...

These are isolators for various appliances. It's a new kitchen and its now obvious that the builder put the gangs to close to each other.

Any ideas on how to rectify with minimal demolition.

The gap between the boxes shown in the picture does look about right.

The distance between the centre of the screw holes needs to be one inch.

If the gaps are less than this, there is nasty solution. One could gently hammer the sides of the boxes slightly in the direction the screw holes needs to be. Obviously the more boxes there are, the more unlikely this idea will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back