Gap at left top corner - new upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new door installed, the guy who fitted the door was not a professional door fitte, found there is a gap on the top left corner (handle side), when the door is locked the gap closes but still a debit card would slide in.

Changed the old door because of draught issue and it seems will have the same problem again in winter.

Need a solution please?
Hinge type is flag hinges.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_202214.jpg
    IMG_20200702_202214.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_20200702_201525.jpg
    IMG_20200702_201525.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_20200702_201550.jpg
    IMG_20200702_201550.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 403
Sponsored Links
Flag hinges won't help, they only adjust the hinge side for in and out adjustments, get non professional door fitter back to rectify, also buy him a new tape measure, the one he currently uses must have a couple of inches missing at the beginning

Flag hinges won't help, they only adjust the hinge side for in and out adjustments, get non professional door fitter back to rectify, also buy him a new tape measure, the one he currently uses must have a couple of inches missing at the beginning
I used him for some other work, asked him if he can fit the door and he said he can, I can get him back but I know he can't rectify it, told him on the spot about the problem but realised he wasn't very confident so let him go at that time as it was raining, did not want him to do more harm.
Need some advice.

I even had aa bad experience with a fully qualified gas safe engineer who left a similar sort of mess, and I sorted that problem with the help of a gentleman on this forum.

Sponsored Links
Hi. First thing is to see how much the door and frame are out of alignment. Close the door to point where inside of door is lined up with outside of frame.. you'll have to stand a foot to right and at angle that you can see gap well. Bottom will line up first. The gap at top may be more than your picture..you'll need someone to unscrew and unseal the frame at top and strike side. Leave bottom and hinge side alone. Adjust frame to align with door properly. Anchor frame to wall - not the same holes.

Hi. First thing is to see how much the door and frame are out of alignment. Close the door to point where inside of door is lined up with outside of frame.. you'll have to stand a foot to right and at angle that you can see gap well. Bottom will line up first. The gap at top may be more than your picture..you'll need someone to unscrew and unseal the frame at top and strike side. Leave bottom and hinge side alone. Adjust frame to align with door properly. Anchor frame to wall - not the same holes.

Thanks Kitser for your valuable advice.

Love this forum, always found help here when needed.

just remember full compression isn't achieved until the full locking mechanism is engaged.............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back