Garage base - insulation, depth ,suggestions..

youll need SWA and you should zig zag it a little to allow it to stretch if required due to ground heave...warning tape aswell as someone else said.
No prob with laying them all in the same trench
marty.

Thanks for that. If the cable is in conduit 750mm below ground, would i still have to use SWA, as the run will be around 35m and need to be either 10mm, or for overkill 16mm, guessing SWA 16mm is going to be very expensive. if it is the case, any suggestions where is the best place to get this.
Thanks
Alex

There are some corners that shouldn't be cut. You won't be happy having to did it all up if it gets damaged, and in any case, I'm sure the regs require SWA.

Sponsored Links
At the boundary is a unmade access road to my neibours garage(which i own half of and have access over). Fingers crossed

In that case you should be OK. The reasoning behind the 1m gap is to keep a space between the buildings, so that flames can not jump across to an adjacent building. If its a road, then this regulation would not apply

Thanks for the advice woody, will try and call the bco on monday. Any other issues can you think that might crop up/worth metioning to him?
Cheers
Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back