Garage Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,newbie here.A couple of questions,when feeding a garage with 10mmswa from house should i put an rcd board in the garage or a main rcd switch fed from the house cu and an ordinary cu in garage?Where do i put rcd???Anyone,thanks a lot. :D

Sponsored Links
mee too.

sqongo - you know all about voltage drop, disconnection times, how to install SWA, rules for buried cables, exporting or not of PME earths if applicable, testing the circuit and the requirements of the Building Regulations?

Funny enough i do,i'm an electrical tester for a large company and i havent been on the tools for a long long time.The last time i did an outbuilding supply was 1skt+1light,straight from rcd board.Just needed a little bit of advice,not used to domestic work and before you say anything yes someone helping has got part P.
Ban all sheds,i've just joined this forum and i dont want bigheads treating me like a kid on here!

Thanks for advice Andy.

Sponsored Links
Well said Spongo, it seems like people like ban all sheds spend too long on these sites and think they know it all.

Bet he has'nt even got a job.

ban's got a job (i think) and so have i, and I do know it all . . . ;) :LOL:

Yeah,check out his posts,all through the day!!Sitting in front of a pc with Electrical regs in front of him!! :LOL: How embarrassing,probably an unemployed binman :oops:

B-A-S was making the fair point that there is some theory concerned if this particular task is to be done correctly and safely!

That wasn't a fair point, it was patronizing.
People come on these sites for advice, not to be spoken down to.

Thanks Andy and Racket for the info,ban_all_shedhead have a good life sitting in your bedsit with the regs open on mcb's and rcd's,typing on your 1993 Dell pc,giving it large!!I'm having a nice Valentines meal with my mrs,Shedboy have a good one with your transsexual mags and a cup of Horlicks,cya!! :LOL:

I'm having a nice Valentines meal with my mrs,

With a bit of luck she might have "down loaded you" last night and put you in a better mood today ;)

sqongo you and ban-all-sheds sound like you could end up being real goog friends. Birthday cards, the full works.

BE HAPPY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back