Garage Electrics

sqongo said:
WTF??????Damn,get a job you net anorak!!
sqongo said:
Yeah,check out his posts,all through the day!!Sitting in front of a pc with Electrical regs in front of him!! :LOL: How embarrassing,probably an unemployed binman :oops:
sqongo said:
Thanks Andy and Racket for the info,ban_all_shedhead have a good life sitting in your bedsit with the regs open on mcb's and rcd's,typing on your 1993 Dell pc,giving it large!!I'm having a nice Valentines meal with my mrs,Shedboy have a good one with your transsexual mags and a cup of Horlicks,cya!! :LOL:
If this is your idea of acting like an adult, I dread to think what you're like when you behave immaturely.

Sponsored Links
sqongo said:
have a good one with your transsexual mags and a cup of Horlicks,cya!! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's hilarious!

Just imagine, B-A-S drinking Horlicks LOL!

Can't stand the stuff. Bedtime drink of choice for me is a cup of Whittards Spice Imperial tea, black, with a spoonful of honey and a generous slug of bourbon or brandy...

Ban-all-sheds. While you are enjoying your nightcap of Spice Imperial tea with honey and Brandy.

sqongo will be tucking into his nightly, large slice of humble pie.

No laughing now. We don't want to cause offence ,do we!!!!!!

BE HAPPY

Sponsored Links
williams89,sounds like you want to slurp some of ban-all-sheds man juice!!

Sqongo - do you have a reason for continually being so gratuitously offensive?

Do you think it will get you better advice?

Do you think it will make you more liked?

Do you think it will make you appear more sopisticated, witty or intelligent?

ban-all-sheds said:
Sqongo - do you have a reason for continually being so gratuitously offensive?

Do you think it will get you better advice?

Do you think it will make you more liked?

Do you think it will make you appear more sopisticated, witty or intelligent?

Answer's.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
And yes.
Thank you,ban all sheds,glad i came back,you not nice person!

ban-all-sheds said:
mee too.

sqongo - you know all about voltage drop, disconnection times, how to install SWA, rules for buried cables, exporting or not of PME earths if applicable, testing the circuit and the requirements of the Building Regulations?

Volt drop! How far away do you think his garage is? 2 miles down the road. Climb out your own arse mate. Buliding regs?! He's putting some power in his garage FFS :rolleyes:

I don't think it needs to be 2 miles down the road for volt drop to be an issue, it will depend on the design current.
It is also a prosecutable offence to not comply with the building regs.

i've done the sums and if you buy a 25m coil of SWA from the diy store and use all the cable at the maximum current rating they give then you will be out of spec on volt drop by a long way.

Really? How far (by cable) do you think it is from your DB to your furthest away socket in your house? A ring circuit can be quite a length and there is no detrimental effect caused by volt drop. People on here should give useful advice instead of trying to look clever by looking through the regs book they're sitting on. :rolleyes:

Spark123 said:
I don't think it needs to be 2 miles down the road for volt drop to be an issue, it will depend on the design current.
It is also a prosecutable offence to not comply with the building regs.

Who is going to prosecute you exactly? He's not building an extension here. We're talking about running a cable to his garage for power.

He could land up in court charged with non-compliance with the building regulations by his LABC, installing a new circuit is notifiable under part p of the building regulations. I don't think "I was only running a supply to my garage, not building an extension" would be much of a defence, do you?

I can see both sides here, the fact of the matter is, that if a diyer does some work, complies with BS7671, but doesn't notify then the likelyhood that anyone will bother taking him to court is extremly low.

Volt drop however is something that should be taken into account, especially on a submain, otherwise you might switch on an electric heater, the supply drops 25v, the lights dim noticeably, computers reboot, etc, not to mention the loss of engery in cable losses

TrueBlue said:
Really? How far (by cable) do you think it is from your DB to your furthest away socket in your house? A ring circuit can be quite a length and there is no detrimental effect caused by volt drop. People on here should give useful advice instead of trying to look clever by looking through the regs book they're sitting on. :rolleyes:

The only advise people on here can give is the right advise and if that means quoting regs then the regs have to be quoted. The people that use this forum come here because they want to try and do it right, normally because it's in their own home and that should be respected. If you're a sparks you will have seen the electrical mess some people leave for the next owner and if giving the right advise stops some of that it gets my vote.

You can of couse adopt your own style of approach if you wish, ignore the regs, ignore good practice, take the "oh, it's only in someone's house so that'll do" attitude but I'm sure thats not what the people that post the question want to hear.

I just hope that it's you and not me that ends up buying one of the house's that has been wired using your advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back