Garden bar room lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Idid all the back garden up and built myself a garden room, a bar in lockdown last year. All finished and looking smart as f@@k. Had a qualified electrician(Great guy too) sort all the wiring after I had buried cable underground and under house for him. Only thing I'm wishing id done different now is, I had 2 of those stainless up and down lights either side of outside of patio doors on bar room. These are switched on from inside the bar room. Although I thought we'd agreed on them coming on while someone is near then...pir is it. Think he struggled to get them. Is there a way wirelessly I could switch them on from main house?
Cheers
Guys

Sponsored Links
Does your WiFi extend to your garden Room?
If yes you could wire a Google / Alexa switch to the down lights and voice control them from house.
Sfk

Oh and an outside single socket on side of garden room would be nice guess I could take spur from a socket for that

Yes I ran a ethernet cable from house to room...how would I do that

Sponsored Links
I have just added you tube videos.

Just make 100% sure you isolate the power.

Cheers mate will have a look at them later. Yeah I have a fuse box in bar, will isolate it first.

So would that switch replace my double switch i have inside room. Can be operated manually too yeah? And I need an alexa or Google home. Then I control from my phone too?

I have a wireless switch operates my driveway security light, sends a signal to a receiver in the power supply.

7FF9BB20-B5CE-4A0E-876F-041016CB876E.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back