Cable size, advice.

Thanks for reply. The guy who will be doing the work is on holiday at the moment,
Are there any electricians not on holiday at the moment. ;)

I, myself am on a beach in Tahiti at this very moment and one cannot move for the place is completely chocka with sparks on holiday, all of whom say they have each left at least 5 clients with a job ready to go; were it for a bit of good advice to be available, But alas; we are all here, hold on- is that my HUAHINE COCKTAIL arriving, sorry have to go.

Martin

Sponsored Links
The thing is Mr RF Lighting is that all I wanted to know in the first place was what size cable....in lay mans terms.

But you won't tell us enough information to allow us to size the cable for you.

Forget the beer fridge & the ice machine....what size cable to run a couple of sockets and a light, thats all,

You can't just forget them. That's not how designing an installation works.

A couple of sockets means nothing. What you are going to be plugging into them dictates the load of the circuit, and therefore the required cable size.

nothing else, no super duper power surges will occur by me switching the radio on or a tube light unless the radio's as big as a block of flats and the lights ase going to light up London.

Well which is it? We need to know to be able to work out what size cable you require.

It's like talking to a computer nerd, everything to show off and baffle. You guys know amps, watts, loads, twin and earth, two core etc etc etc, I do not.

It's like talking to a brick wall with you. No one is showing off I assure you. We are just trying to find out the required information from you which you just will not supply.

The cable I'm gonna use is twin and earth, it's armoured and about 20mm thick.....

It can't be twin and earth and armoured. How do you know it's the right size for your installation? What happens if you go to all the trouble of installing it and then find out it is not the correct size?

in fact it is the same stuff that the builder down the road is using for his shed

Oh it must be alright then :rolleyes:

and he manages to run a good deal more of his than I intend to.

You really don't get how electrical circuits work do you?

We have tried and tried and tried to help you design this properly, and you refuse to listen. All you seem intrested in is usin some cable you can get on the cheap wether it is suitable or by the sounds of it, not.

I have read the advise and taken it on board,

No you haven't. We keep trying to tell you what we need to know for you to do the job properly, and you are determined to bludgeon on using this cheap cable that you have no idea what size or type it is.

is the problem 'Lighting' that I intend to use someone other than you!

What makes you think that I would actually want to work for you?

Please do not reply if you intend to be rude, if I was a sparky I wouldn't have need to post would I. :mad:

I'll reply to who ever I like. If you were a sparky you would see just how far from being any where near competent you are to do this job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back