Garden lighting control system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to start a complete makeover of our garden and as part of this I would like to have a lighting control system installed. I've been looking around for wall lights, spike lights etc. and expect these to all be low watt LED's. A pump for a water feature will be installed and a few other garden features, which will be illuminated. I'm assuming a 4 channel system will be adequate; 1 - wall lights, 2 - tree/bush/plant lights, 3 - feature area and 4 - water feature pump.

I'm not really interested in multiple colours, but would like to be able to turn on each of the 4 areas individually.

Can anyone recommend a good lighting control system?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
lighting control system installed.
Meaning what exactly? Remote control by radio, timers, phone app, light sensors etc.?

If it's just to switch 4 things on and off separately, one of these does the job:
83065.jpg

Sponsored Links
Had a look at Lutron, but it looks expensive and I can't find any info on use in the garden.

As part of a kitchen extension a couple of years ago, a double gang switch and two armoured cables were routed from the utility to the garden. My intention was to use one of these for the water feature pump and one for the garden lights. Our idea of just having wall lights around the patio has now expanded to having additional feature lighting. So, we could run a couple more lots of cable from the house and replace the double gang switch with a four gang switch as suggested by flameport, but I was hoping to have something a little more flexible/controllable.

A wireless remote for controlling the four areas of the garden would be a minimum. I can get something like this which is basic and relatively inexpensive. Control through the PC/mobile would be interesting, but probably wouldn't be used.

Having dusk to dawn timers would be useful, but ideally, I would want to configure it after installation, rather than install in a particular way. I could then decide which lights to turn on/off automatically and tailor this as required.

Last edited:
£130 is a basic and inexpensive way to be able to switch 4 groups of lights on and off.

OK.

ban-all-sheds,

What would your suggestion be for a cheaper system that achieves what I want, or do you only do unhelpful sarcasm?

I can get something like this which is basic and relatively inexpensive.

At £90 that is not inexpensive. and with £40 for the control fob and with a {quoted}RF range 100—200m line of sight{quoted} from a key fob control on 433.92MHz RF interference is possible

try this https://www.rapidonline.com/rf-solutions-lewes-s-4-lewes-remote-control-system-am-4-channel-43-0784 ( it will require you to add a ELV ( 12 volt ) power supply )

and look at LPRS who have a range of remote control devices

Typing error corrected 233 -> 433

Last edited:
Yes I do.

And this:
Well - I got it by adding up the prices for a receiver and a transmitter. Was not that the right way? How would you do it?

Looking round the forums, this is what you do best :sneaky:

Not to worry, bernardgreen has given me some useful information to look at. Thanks Bernard.

You are free to continue to post your useless, unhelpful comments as it obviously makes you feel good.

....and then say to someone "Not sure where you get £130 from", what do you expect to happen?

I expect my error to be pointed out in a civil way as was done by 333rocky333 and bernardgreen.

The 90 pound receiver is no good without a 40 pound transmiter
At £90 that is not inexpensive. and with £40 for the control fob

Clearly, I hadn't realised a remote wasn't included with the control module. I've Googled a number of systems now; some include remotes and some don't.

Yet another post from you with no "additional" helpful information! Why don't you go and bother someone else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back