Garden Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at fitting 12v lights around the garden. It seems pretty straightforward, but I have asked this question in a couple of manufacturers query forms, but got no response - probably because of Covid.

We sit in the garden under a covered pergola (actually technically a "pavilion", but that sounds a bit grand :( ). We need the light to be suitable for reading etc, Will 12V LED wall lights be of any use, or too dull?

My gut feeling is that they should be, but obviously don't want to make an expensive mistake, and need to at least decide what we are doing.

Are any of you familiar with this stuff - are there any makers to avoid (or recommend) ? Also, most wall lamps seem to be up/down lighters, whereas I really want a nice looking light that is not directional (cant think of a term for what I mean, but I hope you get it)

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
12v lamps can be of any brightness.
The light output is specified in lumens, so can be determined before buying.

Sponsored Links
12V lights full of water and rust don't work any better than 240V ones full of water and rust.
I'm not sure I would say that as a blanket generalisation - I don't know about rust, but I've certainly seen 12V lights working fine when literally 'full of water', which I reckon counts as 'working better' than a 240V one would work under the same conditions :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back