Garden Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, some advice please.

I am rigging up 8 garden spotlights, each one has an 80w PAR38 bulb. However, I want to "daisy-chain" them together so that I am left with only one plug at the end to go into the mains supply. My question is, what size fuse should I use for the plug?

Cheers

dirty harry

Sponsored Links
640 watts. 2.7 amps. Put a 5 amp fuse in (its borderline for a 3amp, IMO).

If you tell us more about the nature of the installation (position of lights, cable routes etc), we might be able to offer some more advice.

sorry dirty harry, i dont like the term "rig up"

the laights should be supplied by an armoured cable and burried below ground.

if you get a select it your self light set, or good quality fountain lights they do not need wire armoured cable.

oh then as its mains in a garden that comes under part P (unless you stick with the plug)

I don't think that even using a plug on the end of it will negate the requirement for Part P notification.
Pre fabricated equipment sets connected together by plug/socket connections may be non-notifiable.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Thanks for the tips. RCD sorted, 5a fuse in the plug and have used 3-core SWA too, buried a foot underground.

Looks the biz!

Cheers

dirty harry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back