Gardtec 800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5am this morning we had a powercut, internal alarm kicked in which s##t me up like anything.

The previous owner a while ago refused to give me the codes to it. Forgot all about it until now.

I removed the batt and plugged it back it to reset it but was wondering how to reset this thing without putting a hammer to it...which would then set the main alarm off!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try using the search function.

Power cut and alarm going off = standby battery exausted

Yeah but what about the codes. I dont have the engineer/user code so is there anyway to reset this?

Sponsored Links
Wow you have a massive attitude problem!

Most things with codes have a way of resetting them one way or the other.

Thanks for your stroppy useless messages! Youre an asset to this forum

Wow, you obviously do not understand alarm systems.
If all and sundry could reset them there would be no point in having them.
Do you understand now? No code equals no way of resetting.

Not rocket science is it!
Your question was answered correctly and concisely.
Sorry I never wrote an essay.

Your lack of understanding and crass reply is noted.
I bet you now ask the same question on various forums and I guarantee the same answers.

Your an asset to this forum as you used it.
Its a shame you cannot accept the correct answer.

Why would I ask on any other forum when the god of alarms has just answered everything I want to know!

I asked a simple question and your patronising answers with CAPS were written in a way to put down rather then help. If you dont like the question, dont answer it.

Well after careful checking, there was only one answer with CAPS. So your a little misguided. As for being the "God of Alarms" I thank you but even I am not that good. Still, many thanks.

Perhaps this might assist;
No you cannot reset without a code, your understanding of alarm systems is a little jaded. A Guardtec 800, although a dated panel is still one with certain attributes. One being a code is needed if the standby battery fails during an unexpected power cut. In fact a code is needed to reset all faults to the panel as in most alarm systems that could be ( not now if the older version, but can still signal if not giving issues) connected to ARC ( Alarm recieving centers). This was induced by the relevant authourites as they were sick of certain items being ignored by end users and misunderstanding of panel fault indicators.

Or as I said "NO"

Whats better for you?

Whats better for me? The long answer was better strangely enough.

Does then panel need to be changed then or is it technically a write off!

It is a serviceable item. The battery fault will be just that. Any decent installer/maintainer should be able to sort this out for you.
Expect a charge of about £85 plus the battery which will be charged at their rate but expect £30 all plus vat.

You could of course get a 7AH 12VDC Yuassa and do it yourself. Be aware there is mains present and it can kill.

Or NO and NO.

Take your pick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back