Gas and Electricity Hikes

Actually we intend to stop use of Russian oil and gas by the end of the year. Blinking heck ran through what europe was doing and mentioned the UK separately.

Sponsored Links
Oh sure. we'll be fine. We produce a bit less than half of our own gas, get a third from Norway, and the rest from "Europe" . No problem then. They won't have shortages, surely?

Finland is I think ~94% from Russia.

I suppose it wouldn't be very popular to suggest that the whole of geographical Europe is going to have to reduce consumption for a while, so the UK should help by sharing some of ours round a bit more than we'd like?

Oh sure. we'll be fine. We produce a bit less than half of our own gas, get a third from Norway, and the rest from "Europe" . No problem then. They won't have shortages, surely?

Finland is I think ~94% from Russia.

I suppose it wouldn't be very popular to suggest that the whole of geographical Europe is going to have to reduce consumption for a while, so the UK should help by sharing some of ours round a bit more than we'd like?

For all the talk of EU sanctions, former German chancellor Gerhard Schroder is still on the payroll of Nord Stream, Gazprom and Rosneft.

Sponsored Links
For all the talk of EU sanctions, former German chancellor Gerhard Schroder is still on the payroll of Nord Stream, Gazprom and Rosneft.
A lot of Tories will benefit from Russian money for decades.

A lot of Tories will benefit from Russian money for decades.

In a survey this week of Ukranians. Boris Johnson was the 2nd most popular leader after Zelensky.
If you want to know what's going on in Ukraine, ask a Ukranian.

In a survey this week of Ukranians. Boris Johnson was the 2nd most popular leader after Zelensky.
If you want to know what's going on in Ukraine, ask a Ukranian.

luckily they can't vote for our dishonest populist self-serving liar.

If you want to know what's going on in UK, don't ask a Ukrainian.

Look up the date when they shut our coal mining industry down, that is the start date of what they planned for your futures.

luckily they can't vote for our dishonest populist self-serving liar.

If you want to know what's going on in UK, don't as a Ukrainian.

It must be really eating away at you John, good old Boris getting away with 'partygate' , seeing a surge in popularity and being hailed a hero in Ukraine.

Still no sign of Gerhard Schroder and his Asian 5th wife giving up their 'Russian income'.

I grew up in an unheated house a long time ago and don't remember it being too much of a hardship. We had a fire that burned coal but couldn't afford much of it, so had to make it last. Piped gas is a luxury that I've only had recently and one that I must confess I've got used to. I don't like being dependent on anything so I have cut down on gas usage lately in the light of the price increases and the profiteers thereon.

We were once told that North Sea Gas was cheap and plentiful and that it was the future. It was so cheap and plentiful that it was burned as a waste product of oil drilling. What happened, where has it all gone? Gas is the ideal form of energy for heating a home and I hope to resume using it in the future, but I won't be extorted for it. Therefore, for the time being they can stick their gas back up their arses.

Sponsored Links
Back