My gas & electric costs....reasonable ?

Also please note Online Saver 7 finished 31 Dec 2011.
You are on the standard tariff from 1st January.

This will be much higher than online saver 7

What? Are you sure?

Yep, look at your bill, notice the online saver 7 goes to 31 Dec then you are billed 12 days at the standard tariff.
If you havent changed tariff all your energy will be at the standard tariff prices since 1st Jan

Sponsored Links
high use items that could easily account for aproximatley 2.5kw per hour are any electrical heaters
immersion heaters
high number off spot lights
as said above security lights

the average tv gamebox set up will be 100-250w per hour as a guess

surprisingly, fridges and freezers (especially if old and inefficient) can use quite a lot because they are on 24/7/52.

You haven't got an immersion heater or electric heater have you?

You mean we all pay for your leccy, gas and water. Nice.
I don`t - I`m a government artist - I draw a pension :mrgreen: . And I`m determined to live long enough that I get back what I paid in N.I. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
[Boiler is 15 years old. Constantly switches on and off. Have only a few (3) energy saving lamps.
Why pay £15 a month for your old boiler when you can pay £17 a month for a new one .......I seen it on the TV :idea: Just after Jeremy Kyle.

Well spotted...I've used uSwitch to change from EDF on their standard tariff to nPower Go Fix 11 which should save me apparently over £500 a year!

I've reactivated my CentoMeter monitor and currently we're drawing 1.14kW an hour.

Would love to replace our living room lights, currently GU10 halogen's with LED's. Tried a sample and the colour is ****e....anyone got any recommendations?

Would love to replace our living room lights, currently GU10 halogen's with LED's. Tried a sample and the colour is s***te....anyone got any recommendations?

There are at least two shades of LED's, and you do become accustomed to the light after a while, it's like if you go to a far away land and drink the local brew for instance Bury St Edmunds and Green King, how did i ever manage to throw that stuff down my kneck. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Would love to replace our living room lights, currently GU10 halogen's with LED's. Tried a sample and the colour is s***te....anyone got any recommendations?

Homebase do a GU10 4w replacement and they are bright when on full. A nice light too. ATM £9.99 each.
I bought 12!

Before BAS or others ask, have them all around the house ;)

So. I'm sitting in my lounge typing this message and my energy meter says I'm burning 840W an hour. What's on?

50" LG plasma TV on maximum power saving
AV Amp
Sub woofer
Sky HD box
Regular Sky box
Samsung fridge / freezer
Neff Microwave (on standby)
Neff single oven (on standby)
Wireless router
Power brick for my laptop
Power brick for our cordless phone

Nothing else, apart from the occasional clicking on and off of the boiler.

Am I being anal here?

your bills say you are burning 33kw a day or over 1.4kw average every hour

what you list above is less than say 300w
what lighting do you have that could easilly make up the difference

you need a plug in meter that will tell you exactly what and item uses

you meter wont register the fridge unless its running
you tv on mamimum saving will still consume nearly full power as power savings are made through dimmer picture lower sound and other things like turning off
so even on maximum savings your still likely to be on 75 to 90% consumption [as a guess ] hence the need for a plug in meter to get accurate readings

Sponsored Links
Back