Gas cooker installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

If a Gas Safe registered plumber reads this, I would be grateful for an answer please.

I need to buy a new gas cooker. My concern is what's behind the cooker, which could possibly prevent the engineer from the large company I will be buying from, to refuse installation. So far, I cannot get a straight answer from them.

1) I have a concrete floor and the central heating & hot water pipes run behind the cooker. That means the black flexible rubber gas hose would almost certainly touch those hot pipes. Could that be a problem?

2) Since the cooker would not go all the way back to the wall and does not have a lid, I want to put a splashback supported by brackets. That means the splashback would be hanging securely just above the gap between the back wall and the top rear of the cooker. I would ensure it is fitted securely. In view of 1) above, should that be ok?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back