Gas dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm Denis. Yesterday engineer is come for install gas meter and he said your gas is dead I can't fit. After I call sgn they send me engineer he said yes your gas is dead not coming gas.
I don't understand gas how's dead. Someone told me they will change pipe but if gas dead I think problem not for pipe I think someone stop from main gas. I don't know what they will do do you have any idea

Sponsored Links
How old is the house? is it a rental? How long have you lived there?

If the gas was cut off years ago, or if there was rusty iron pipe or lead pipe and a previous occupier didn't want to renew it, or or if it was disconnected for non-payment, the old pipe may not reach the gas main.

post some photos of what gas pipework you can see.

When a customer stops using Gas, the meter will be removed and the supplier will then terminate the supply at the gas main after a certain time has passed, which it sounds like this has happened here, there will be a charge for a new connection, this charge can vary but expect a minimum of around the £500 area

Is new connection mean they will dig and change pipes or they will open main gas

i hear first time this country gas dead or live

Sponsored Links
This is shop I think cut off years ago and iron pipe

In some cases new pipe is threaded through old. I don't know when it applies.

Are you going to answer the questions?

This is shop not house. I just let few months ago. Shop with flat and looks new. I don't know how old. I don't know what he did (before owner) but when I let not have in gas meter. I think they will dig for new connection and cost about 1500-2500

This is shop not house. I just let few months ago. Shop with flat and looks new. I don't know how old. I don't know what he did (before owner) but when I let not have in gas meter. I think they will dig for new connection and cost about 1500-2500
yes that sounds about right, they will come out and survey it and give you a quote

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back