gas fitting experience-will work for free!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lokking for some on the job gas fitting experience with either a corgi reg fitter or company or fitter in or around birmingham area.Need the experience to complete the portfolio on my bpec gas foundation course,will then be able to take my acs exams.Id be willing to work 1 day a week without pay-anybody know anybody who wants some free labour in this area????
Any help or advice would be welcome
cheers

Sponsored Links
for bpec you need at least 80 hours experience under the DIRECT supervision of a CORGI reg operative, and you need to present a signed PDP (personal development plan) to the training provider prior to commencing the BPEC course (and yes billplumb it IS recognized by CORGI, I believe that CORGI council members were part of the consultancy with BPEC when they toughened up the criteria to category 3 entrants)

BPEC (British plumbing employer’s council) are not as strict as the CITB (construction industry training board) who demand a six month portfolio from their cat 3 entrants.

BPEC, in my opinion, are more pragmatic in their approach to Cat 3 CCN1 hopefuls than CITB but the level of training and subsequent standard is comparable.

Sorry my long winded way of saying that you really dont know yer onions bill.

Sponsored Links
Hey billplum, ur not one of those guys who visit combi breakdowns and every time say its PCB fault. :) :)

I am trying to get into corgi at the moment but being self employed as a plumber (No gas or boiler work) they wont let me.

Is this the only method of getting into gas now? :eek: , when i qualified in 1993 you only had to apply to be on the gas course, i never bothered wish i had now.

well if you have your c&G you can enter as a cat2 candidate you dont need as much work experiance or such an extensive portfolio, but you would need everything signed off by a CORGI reg guy sorry..

If you have been making a living since 93 without CORGI why would you want it now

do you not our posts mate it sucks!!!

http://www.stourbridge.ac.uk/courses/in/gas/foundation.htm
thats the course i am presently taking-the lecurers informed me as long as ive got a few job signed off by a corgi fitter-3 for fires,3 for boilers etc etc-the college then will pass portfolio off and ill then be able to take the acs exams-catergoey 2 and 3 candidaytes now have to do such a course so im told,think my beiigest problem is the fact that loads of ex rover bl0okes also ddi this course so the market ois a bit flooded round this area at the moment-think ill just go through the yellow pages ringing every company till i find a taker1 :p

cjb1971 said:
http://www.stourbridge.ac.uk/courses/in/gas/foundation.htm
thats the course i am presently taking-the lecurers informed me as long as ive got a few job signed off by a corgi fitter-3 for fires,3 for boilers etc etc-the college then will pass portfolio off and ill then be able to take the acs exams-catergoey 2 and 3 candidaytes now have to do such a course so im told,think my beiigest problem is the fact that loads of ex rover bl0okes also ddi this course so the market ois a bit flooded round this area at the moment-think ill just go through the yellow pages ringing every company till i find a taker1 :p

Thats a cracking training centre, do you get to use all the Bg training bays?, mind you last time I dropped in there they had changed half the bays to white goods training. Some really good instructors in there though.

Yeah lecturers are great!worked in most the bays although one section is supposed to be for just Bg.Only white goods training there at moment for bg as they only use nic centers now for gas fitters and this one is bpec-but they changing to nic this year.Learning loads there and would reccomend it to anybody thinking of doing a course like this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back