Gas Hob Isolation valve - regulations?

Sponsored Links
Fireman..are you repeating what i said,in a different way,giving me a lesson in what you consider correct usage of the english language?Or is there a question there somewhere?

Just checking that you meant what you wrote. I was, as it happens, in a bit of a mood.
But there is no REQUIREMENT to TT at meter, after maintaining a hob that is disconnected AFTER the isolation valve. You only HAVE to test back to the valve.
But I'm sure you knew that.

Don't get too upset.

He sometimes makes them to me as well!

But I think it reflects badly on him!

Sponsored Links
I can assure you firemant is one of the most polite guys you will ever meet very rarely uses bad language or abuses people usually will be a critic of himself rather than others . so if he does have ago at people it is deserved .

Just passing by here again (looking for another solution to another prob) and thought I'd fill you in - just in case you're having a quiet day and enjoy reliving past events. Decided to get this done, as much for the reason that if we didn't then the same thing would come up every year, and the tenant was panicking and her bloke who was a solicitor was banging on about how unsafe it was etc, and it didn't cost that much anyways. All the wrong reasons I suppose but there we are. The hob's on top of a unit with drawers so the isolation valve is easily accessible behind the drawers. Interestingly enough getting a local engineer to do it wasn't that simple - first couple aligned with the view of some of you that it wasn't really necessary and not to waste my money.

Anyways, thanks for your comments/help.

Pete

behind the Interestingly enough getting a local engineer to do it wasn't that simple - first couple aligned with the view of some of you that it wasn't really necessary and not to waste my money.

Sack BG and get one of these engineers to do your safety certs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back