gas installers (whats you fav boiler)

well I like intergas. to my mind it is a more elegant design. heard a rumor that they are under real growing pains from the pace of growth. worried me a little :confused:

also not going to have someone blaming it on the system water dirt :LOL:

Why is that?

Sponsored Links
Budget jobs, perhaps Remeha but I'm not their biggest fan. Wouldn't put one in my house.

Just interested to know what problems you have had with Remehas?

Thats what I mainly fit, and have had very few probs.

As for other recommendations for Glow Worm, will take me a long time to forgive them for CXIs. Brother recently bought house with 2.5 yr old one in loft. *&^**)$">^*(@{%@££££*^")^"£( is all I can say about it!

Are the Mains still a safeish budget option?

no 1 like the baxi duo tec then,,,,,,,, there like kitchen knifes the misses thinks i got minced beef for dinner

Gas Valve faults (3), poor jig assembly.

I really like the way the open vent model is so cheap they couldn't afford a box round the PCB. Just sits there in the airflow next to the flue.

The condense drain must cost less to make than a Rola Cola plastic bottle, it is the nastiest I have seen.

I can't see what they offer apart from a low price. Even the cover is made of plastic, hope the heat exchanger gaskets last forever.

Sponsored Links
Gas Valve faults (3), poor jig assembly.

I really like the way the open vent model is so cheap they couldn't afford a box round the PCB. Just sits there in the airflow next to the flue.

The condense drain must cost less to make than a Rola Cola plastic bottle, it is the nastiest I have seen.

I can't see what they offer apart from a low price. Even the cover is made of plastic, hope the heat exchanger gaskets last forever.

Yes, both faults were gas valves. The jig is a bit flimsy.

I didn't like the way the cond. pipe push fits onto the cheapo sump, but suppose I'm used to it.

Breeze to get to everything though. Even exp. vessel just slides out the side. For me the fors outweigh the cons. Just, and the price makes a lot of sense.

i don't like the ferroli and to be honest i don't no why i'v installed 1 in my m8 only because he brought it, i think it is because the older models ect

and i don;t mind the baxi as a cheaper opt it's just that they are sharp unlike me

love the Atags, great design, simple and a doddle to fit. i like the viessmann 200's, when they work properly they are superb, but they can be fragile, a bit like a 40 something divorcee with PMT and a bad gin habit. vaillant are solid and like a faithful dog, consistantly good. my old favourite was the classic.

the old are the best sometimes
classics are good had a micron in my house when moved in it was strait out along with the cooker

then transco came to investigate me frauding the gas and cap of
you no what other installers and gas ops are like some are right moody and the transco block was. not being funny he cam in my gas metre was on the floor and the gas caped and he wouldn't say why he was there and right moody, told him and bg to *********** off lol

Budget jobs, perhaps Remeha but I'm not their biggest fan. Wouldn't put one in my house.

Just interested to know what problems you have had with Remehas?

Thats what I mainly fit, and have had very few probs.
Forgive me for butting in, but may I ask what your catchment area for Remeha installs is? Having recently moved from Bristol to Malmesbury, Wiltshire (~30 miles?) I am considering getting an Avanta fitted sometime next year to an existing system but finding a suitable installer looks like it could be tricky.

Interested? As I said it won't be until next year - as late as the summer pehaps - but I'm keen to do the planning now so if/when my Ideal Icos finally goes pop I'll be able to hit the ground running.

Mathew

Either the wb i series or the potty puma; easy to work on, easy to get parts for, and they keep going wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back