Gas isolation valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Plumbing in a new gas hob but there's drawers in the cupboards either side so no great place to put the isolation valve. I think I'll put it low down behind a cut out section of the plinth under the oven (fitted below hob) unless anyone can offer a better suggestion ?

Many thanks,

P.J.

Sponsored Links
Aren't the drawers removable? If I were looking for it I'd start behind the top drawer.

Thanks blahblah,

The drawers do lift out. If it's OK to site the valve behind a removable drawer then I'll put it there.

The existing bayonet fitting is about 150mm below the hob, central across it's width, so I'll come out to the side behind the top drawer to the valve and back to the hob connection (replacing the bayonet fitting with a 90 elbow of course!).

Much obliged for your opinion. :D

P.J.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Actually I've had the hob connected this morning and the guy said you don't have to have an isolation valve - is that right ? He's done the job and given me a CORGI ticket but I'd like to know other opinions.

Thanks,

P.J.

who was it said "You know it makes sense" and did I read something in the regs about it being a must have fitting. :LOL:

Me thinks u can if u use a flexible hose as u would on a gas cooker as the bayonet acts as your isolater but no iso no good do all these lads a favour and report him m8 if he has acted illegally ( u did it didnt u ) he deserves all he gets ( u really shouldnt play with gas M8 )

If it isn't reasonably possible to fit an isolation valve it's not an absolute must as far as I know, I think the regs are worded someting to that effect, anyway it's not going to affect the safety of the installation only the convenience when serviceing or replacement of the hob, it wouldn't keep me awake at night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back