Isolating gas oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have decided that we are going to get rid of our dual fuel oven and go all electric.

There is a gas isolating valve on the supply to the oven and the oven is connected by a bayonet fitting.

Is it acceptable to isolate the gas by using the valve and then put a compression stop end on the end of the pipe instead of the bayonet fitting?

Or will the bayonet fitting and the isolating valve be enough?

I don't want to remove the gas pipework completely as we might want to go back to gas in the future.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Oh i can assure you i'm pretty tight, that's why i was going to do it myself if possible ;)

In all seriousness, what is a tightness test? What is gsiur? And is there a need?

Obviously being as i have no idea what a tightness test is i shall get somebody who does know what such a test is if there is a need. Is it expensive?

tightness test = leak test+let by test

gsiur
gas safety installation and use regulations (apart from the mi's the gasmans bible)

bayonets have a habit of not sealing properly so its not a bad idea

expensive no

might be if you asked me to do it
rofl5.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back