gas meter meddling

Well, i'm not the corgi man of our outfit so not my call. He said it will do as the boiler is not under-gassed

Sponsored Links
It depends where your measuring it from. If your measuring it from the gas valve then you can lose as much as 3 or 4mb from the inlet to the boiler to the gas valve. So generally 16mbar+ is acceptable in this case.

Sponsored Links
shirley you have a copy to hand?

U6 meters supplying up to 6cuM/hr

brief synopsis...

min supply pressure @ meter inlet 19mb,
meter absortion 4mb,
pipework absortion 1mb,

minimum working pressure @ appliance inlet 14mb.

edit dave points out basic school boy maths error 19-5=14 :oops:

If the miniumum supply to the meter inlet was 19mBar, then you had 4mBar absorbtion across the meter that would give a WP of 14 mBar at the meter test point.

NG would then have to be called in as the minimum outlet pressure at the meter, where the test nipple is situated, has to be 19 Mbar.

actually yet another basic read error, it states at the outlet of the incoming isolation valve.

that means before the govenor.

do you know if transco come and up the flow through the gas meter if its only delivering 20mb working pressure at the meter

Boiler fitted today and inlet working pressure was 16mb at the boiler.....altough gas pipe was sized correctly

Why do you think that its correctly sized?

If the pressure loss is more than 1 mB then surely its NOT correctly sized?

Tony

do you know if transco come and up the flow through the gas meter if its only delivering 20mb working pressure at the meter

Boiler fitted today and inlet working pressure was 16mb at the boiler.....altough gas pipe was sized correctly

Why do you think that its correctly sized?

If the pressure loss is more than 1 mB then surely its NOT correctly sized?

Tony

I said that ages ago.

Frankly, i don't think he gives a flying foook.

all gas pipework sizing calculations are worked out with the pressure starting at 21mb.

If you start at a lower figure then the frictional losses have a greater impact on the pressure loss over the carcass as they are not directly proportional.

e.g start with 21mb expect 20mb. but if you start with 19mb you are more likely to get 17.5mb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back