Gas or electric hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gas or electric hob?

Fitting new worktop soon so need to decide. Fittings available for both.

Running cost important.

Any recommendations.

Dont want to spend a lot.

Sponsored Links
Induction all the time. Used gas which is ok but induction is so easy to clean and faster than gas.

Ask your wife what she prefers to cook on first. Then she can't complain about the cost and thinks you value her opinion, (which I'm sure you do).

A word of warning about induction hobs. Anyone who has a pacemaker, or other form of heart implant, is not allowed to be within 600mm, (24" or 2'), of the hob when it is in use.

Electric energy is four times the price of gas.

Sponsored Links
If you are planning to fit solar or power wall at any tine in the future then induction. But they aren't cheap. A decent Gas hob is about half the price of a decent induction hob.

No wife, just an ex!

I am leaning towards gas at the mo.

If gas, obviously i will have to get it connected up by a registered gas installer.

I'm thinking of induction in the new kitchen. Awkward set up do thing of putting induction hob with built in extracter under window. Something I wouldn't consider if I where to ho gas again.
Never have this window open

Any problems with this ?

We have an induction hob which is a very good way to cook. However, with most of our cooking now being done by air fryer or Ninja Foodi I really do wish we had a gas hob as it's a much better way to control the heat in the pan for certain dishes.

We have an induction hob which is a very good way to cook. However, with most of our cooking now being done by air fryer or Ninja Foodi I really do wish we had a gas hob as it's a much better way to control the heat in the pan for certain dishes.

We have converted our shed as a temp Kitchen for while ours is being stripped out and renewed.

Just bought a Ninja going to do our first meal with it today

Been a gas user for years, moved to induction 3 years ago. On the whole, I think it's better... but the controls on most induction hobs are pants...

...have to click the ring, then click click click to the selected heat setting, then click the other ring... and repeat, only to find you need to click the first ring again, as it's about to burn... yawn... gas hobs are more use friendly.

Things heat-up quicker with induction, and there is no mass of heat/moisture above the pan, as with gas and you can't set fire to tea towels!

Also, it cuts the power when you lift the pan off and back on when you put it back.

If you want to test, buy a single ring tefal induction hob, they are good.

Sponsored Links
Back