Gas And Electricity Consumption

Sponsored Links
You obviously don't have 3 power hungry teens and 20s kids who have never heard the phrase "turn it the f*** off when you're not using it...."

It really doesn't help that Number 1 son had a house share at Uni where it was bills inc.

Their idea of a thermostat was leaving the heating on full blast 24/7 and if it gets too hot, to open a window. Lights were never switched off except bedroom lights at night.

Got the unenviable task of yelling at, I mean teaching them that power prices are going to skyrocket and to turn lights and stuff off when they're not being used.

And a note to me to reduce TD usage.

We have a lot of students working in the labs at my place of work, and it's shocking how so many of them have behaviors like those. In the canteen they frequently leave the fridge and microwave doors wide open, the front doors to the buildings wide open when the heating is trying to keep them warm, TVs left on in communal areas when they all return to their shifts, etc. etc.

Goes against everything drummed into me growing up!

Size of house is largely irrelevant, modernisation is key.
A 3 bed detached, 1925 built house will easily need twice as much energy to heat as a modern large 6 Bed detached house. U value avg. of 1.5 vs 0.4 or lower..

My old house started out as a 3 bed detached and ended up as a 5 bed detached 60% bigger. Less fuel bills as a result.

Sponsored Links
Medium to larger 4 bed semi.
41 month period :-
E 12074 14/07/18 - 14/12/21
G 69771 14/07/18 - 14/12/21
---------------------------------
16 yr annual averages.
E 3394
G 20966
---------------------------------
-0-

Last edited: