Southern Electric Price Increase

Yep, said postman given more Pink Floyd to get over the episode :p

Sponsored Links
Hi
SE has just announced a MASSIVE price increase, can anyone advise of any better options!?

"I am sorry to let you know that we will be increasing electricity prices by an average of 11% and gas prices by an average of 18% on 14 September 2011. Our electricity prices were last increased in August 2008 and our last gas price increase was in December 2010."

Thanks

I recently changed supplier and 'fixed' to 2014 - at the price I was paying pre recent increases.
This site is ok for comparisons, it also provides a timeline re: Energy Price Updates
http://www.ukpower.co.uk/

It is worth checking that all discounts are being applied in the results - My previous supplier returned one months payment in the thirteenth month - that discount was not applied - this had quite an effect upon 'comparisons' made.

UkPower re. Atlantic said:
...Tariff Discounts

1 free month. Rebate in month 13

8.33% discount off the total annual bill. This is paid by cheque in your 13th month of supply.

Note: The discount is NOT included in your cost and savings figures...

There may be other sites which, in the event of using them to swap supplier, give some sort of cash back.

:eek:

I have tried price comparison sites but I always end up deciding to stay where I am with EON. I think they are too confusing, apparently they are soon to make things easier to compare.
Utility bills are just so expensive....and there seems no end to the price rises :cry:
Hi Susie, I changed to EON 2 years ago when I was offered a good deal and from them 2 weeks ago when I was offered a better 3 year deal from EDF via Uswitch. After EON's rises yesterday, I guess I made the right decision.

BTW, I let Uswitch do the changeover for me.

TPS registration only prevents marketing calls
You state that ONLY marketing organisations can contact me, after I blocked them?

Got to agree with you there Micky! You know and I know that although Alarm said, and I quote, "TPS registration only prevents marketing calls" what he really meant was that only marketing organisations can contact you. Apart from ourselves, I dont think that there is a single member on this forum, who can read between the lines of posts like you and I do.

PS My psychologist said that if I'm good, I can have next weekend at home. Fancy a pint?

Sponsored Links
Oh, Bolo, you think that you and Micky are the only ones that can decipher the semantics of a post when the syntax is slightly adrift.

How Alarm could have written his post is like so:
And although registered you,
"As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organizations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research."
can still be contacted.

You see his meaning becomes clear.

Deciphering some of Micky's posts, however are, perhaps, not beyond me. But the end result is a) not worth it and b) still drivel.

Oh, Bolo, you think that you and Micky are the only ones that can decipher the semantics of a post when the syntax is slightly adrift..............I was being sarcastic mate!
"As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organizations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research."
can still be contacted.

You see his meaning becomes clear........his meaning was clear to all apart from Micky!

Deciphering some of Micky's posts, however are, perhaps, not beyond me. But the end result is a) not worth it and b) still drivel.

And you could have keyed in your reply thus:
"Deciphering some of Micky's posts however, is perhaps not beyond me, but the end result is,
a) not worth it, and b) still drivel".

Oh, Bolo, you think that you and Micky are the only ones that can decipher the semantics of a post when the syntax is slightly adrift..............I was being sarcastic mate!
can still be contacted.

You see his meaning becomes clear........his meaning was clear to all apart from Micky!

And you could have keyed in your reply thus:
"Deciphering some of Micky's posts however, is perhaps not beyond me, but the end result is,
a) not worth it, and b) still drivel".

Well, for a start, my apologies. I must admit that, at first, I suspected that you were being sarcarstic, but on subsequent readings I decided that possibly you were, but if so, it was a little obscure.

And to behave like Micky, correcting my grammar incorrectly, is beyond belief. You're right, I could have keyed in my response as you suggested. But it would have been incorrect. Or is this more of your sarcasm?
For instance:
Deciphering some of Micky's posts, however {they, not it, they} are, perhaps, not beyond me. {It's perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with "But".}But the end result is: {This could have been the correct punctuation, but definitely not a comma.}a) not worth it and b) still drivel.

Oil , gas electricity will soon become a luxury, best thing to do is use less of it, look into greener options and insulate, insulate then insulate some more.
Switch lights off, dont boil a full kettle, extra blanket on the bed and invest in some woolly jumpers for the winter. :mrgreen:

Oil , gas electricity will soon become a luxury, best thing to do is use less of it, look into greener options and insulate, insulate then insulate some more.
Switch lights off, dont boil a full kettle, extra blanket on the bed and invest in some woolly jumpers for the winter. :mrgreen:

I'd agree with that 100% - been saying so in the plastering forum for the past year. When you re-plaster - use insulated board.

Well, for a start, my apologies. I must admit that, at first, I suspected that you were being sarcarstic, but on subsequent readings I decided that possibly you were, but if so, it was a little obscure..........." PS My psychologist said that if I'm good, I can have next weekend at home". was meant to be a clue.

And to behave like Micky, correcting my grammar incorrectly, is beyond belief............. I'm sorry, but you started it and I just followed the example you set when you attempted to clarify Alarm's post above.

You're right, I could have keyed in my response as you suggested, but it would have been incorrect........oops, sorry, I've done it again.

For instance:
Deciphering some of Micky's posts however , {they, not it, they}, is, perhaps, not beyond me.....it is beyond you however, to understand that in your own sentence, 'is' (and not 'are'), is referring to the word 'deciphering' and not to 'Micky's posts'!

{It's perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with "But".}....but not in the example you quote since, 'However' sits much more comfortably. Dont you agree?But the end result is: {This could have been the correct punctuation, but definitely not a comma.}a) not worth it and b) still drivel.
You can have the last word on this one :rolleyes:

Well, for a start, my apologies. I must admit that, at first, I suspected that you were being sarcarstic, but on subsequent readings I decided that possibly you were, but if so, it was a little obscure..........." PS My psychologist said that if I'm good, I can have next weekend at home". was meant to be a clue.
I thought it may be, but the rest of your post seems to agree wholeheartedly with Micky.

And to behave like Micky, correcting my grammar incorrectly, is beyond belief............. I'm sorry, but you started it and I just followed the example you set when you attempted to clarify Alarm's post above.
I was clarifying the post for your benefit, so I thought, and for Micky's benefit. You, however, appeared to be correcting my grammar, incorrectly and unneccesarily, IMO. The difference is sufficient to create a disagreement.

You're right, I could have keyed in my response as you suggested, but it would have been incorrect........oops, sorry, I've done it again.
Either is perfectly acceptable, so it's just opinion. As it's my post, my opinion counts.

For instance:
Deciphering some of Micky's posts however , {they, not it, they}, is, perhaps, not beyond me.....it is beyond you however, to understand that in your own sentence, 'is' (and not 'are'), is referring to the word 'deciphering' and not to 'Micky's posts'!
Sorry to disagree. It would be correct if I said: " It is not beyond me to decipher Micky's posts".
But I was saying; "{In} deciphering Micky's posts, {they} are not beyond me".

{It's perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with "But".}....but not in the example you quote since, 'However' sits much more comfortably. Dont you agree?
Either is perfectly acceptable, as above.

But the end result is: {This could have been the correct punctuation, but definitely not a comma.}a) not worth it and b) still drivel.
You can have the last word on this one :rolleyes:
I thought I deserved it. ;)

I have tried price comparison sites but I always end up deciding to stay where I am with EON. I think they are too confusing, apparently they are soon to make things easier to compare.
Utility bills are just so expensive....and there seems no end to the price rises :cry:

the only way comparisons can work is if you know your exact yearly consumption to within a week certainly no more than 2 weeks out to be accurate enough [divided by the number off days and multiply by 365]

you then need to work out your standing charges or higher price units for your gas and electric
normal priced units for gas and electric
plus vat then minus any discounts
remember vat on fuel is 5%

then be surprised how much you can save by paying MORE as they often assume you are on the worst rate
so you must know your actual consumption and actual cost and not how much your standing orders are

Sponsored Links
Back