Southern Electric Price Increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
SE has just announced a MASSIVE price increase, can anyone advise of any better options!?

"I am sorry to let you know that we will be increasing electricity prices by an average of 11% and gas prices by an average of 18% on 14 September 2011. Our electricity prices were last increased in August 2008 and our last gas price increase was in December 2010."

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So,, they put their gas prices up only 8 months ago. Still make £££millions in profit and see the need to increase prices further. It's high time the government stepped in and made these companies sell gas and electricity at reasonable prices. They should ditch this carbon footprint thing and green energy etc. No other country has taxed it's citizens on climate change as much as this country and still allow energy companies to literally hold their customers to ransom.

joinerjohn - couldnt agree more. do you know of any cheaper providers/alternatives i.e. fixing in?
thanks

Since it's likely the only way for prices to go is up for the foreseeable future, it's worth looking at long term fixed contracts. We took out a 5 yr one last year at 8% above the lowest tariff at the time. Given the increases already applied, never mind the ones in the pipeline, we are already saving. And stopping the contract early was only a £50 penalty, so not too much of a risk. If interested always ask the different suppliers direct as they aren't always advertised on the comparison sites!

Sponsored Links
Our problem is we are captive consumers, we don't have any alternative suppliers, you either pay their prices or do without.
It's nothing short of extortion.

Wotan

I have tried price comparison sites but I always end up deciding to stay where I am with EON. I think they are too confusing, apparently they are soon to make things easier to compare.
Utility bills are just so expensive....and there seems no end to the price rises :cry:

B gas do a online thingy 4% below any rise and no penalties but you read the meter once a month and pay online. Saved already.
Eon for lectrickery, base plan online.

B gas offered a betetr deal on dual fuel but i hate all eggs in one basket.

I got a letter the other day.."Since your energy plan is on a tracker to BG, YOUR prices are going up"

Sorry, I'm not on a tracker plan with anyone. You made that up. Then they ring me up. Can I sell you this.... I report back..I'm registered with TPS, you have no right to ring me, then a few days later, some little $hite called me back, no TPS doesn't work like that, it runs out after a year, I AM ALLOWED to ring you up, to sell you something you didn't ask for or need...

But what do TPS do? Nothing.

Still on the paranoid role I see.

TPS has to be allowed to take effect and be checked as others may have access to your number and not be on the TPS listing...........Being a constant complainer gets your number re-listed on a regular basis.

See the connection?[/u]

Prove it.

Go on, disprove a direct quote from TPS themselves.

Then THUS again prove you cannot accept fact.

Sponsored Links
Back