Gas pipe location

It'll be wherever the pipe t's off the main feed, I doubt it would t off inside the wall.

Sponsored Links
It'll be wherever the pipe t's off the main feed, I doubt it would t off inside the wall.
Ive just thought, my gas cooker is on the same wall as the gas meter and the fire, the gas oven is closer to the meter, is it possible that the gas fire pipe will be coming off the same pipe the oven in and likely to stop the gas oven working if capped off? or will they be completely different pipes?

Ive just thought, my gas cooker is on the same wall as the gas meter and the fire, the gas oven is closer to the meter, is it possible that the gas fire pipe will be coming off the same pipe the oven in and likely to stop the gas oven working if capped off? or will they be completely different pipes?

No the gas Safe guy will bypass this redundant pipe so you still have gas to the cooker

Sponsored Links
My new boiler has been relocated upstairs from the kitchen and the gas pipe goes up from the meter through the wall on the second floor and under the floorboards to the airing cupboard.

The old boiler was in the kitchen pretty much 1.5 metre or two from the gas meter.

Downstairs i have redundant gas pipes from old boiler, from the gas fire and i currently have a gas oven which im going to remove and get an electric one.

Looking at the pic is it literally a case of disconnecting that pipe going through the circle into the wall into the house from the meter and my whole gas circuit downstairs will be redundant??

I assume only the gas pipe going out the top of the meter is required for the upstairs combi boiler?

Attachments

• IMG_20210629_121423.jpg
    IMG_20210629_121423.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20210629_121419.jpg
    IMG_20210629_121419.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 59
If your going to remove the gas cooker anyway, I would leave it till then.

Then you can get an rgi back out to remove that t piece and replace with a 90 degree bend.

You know the gas pipe is where it is, so no need to worry about it

If your going to remove the gas cooker anyway, I would leave it till then.

Then you can get an rgi back out to remove that t piece and replace with a 90 degree bend.

You know the gas pipe is where it is, so no need to worry about it
Yeh im just wondering if that will be all they need to do from what you can see there? Only one gas line goes directly to the new boiler doesent it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back