Gas pipe to a Worcester System 24i boiler - nice job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I came home from work to find a good length of 28mm copper growing up an exterior wall.

Obviously this new 'feature' pleased me greatly, have a look at the picture:

Fair enough I decided to relocate the boiler to the opposite end of the house, but to slap this up the exterior wall is a bit rich.

Anyway, is there a reason why he has taken a 28mm feed to the boiler that requires on 22mm, could this be due to the distance across to the other side of the house which is probably a good 10m, plus the vertical?

I would have preferred to chase into the loft internally but the option was never made. Hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
looks acceptable to me cannot comment for the required pipe sizing for the boiler as do not know the full in's n outs
not cosmetically pretty but obviously easier for your installer and less disturbance on the interior of your property

Looks ok to me as well, just hope he sleeved the top, and the ****** don't spot it tonight. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
when he quoted for the job did you not ask where he was planning on running the pipe? i expect you wouldn;t of been pleased if he had just run it through your living room? :LOL:

I agree it gets the job done, but it looks no good.

The instruction to the fitter was not to worry about internal mess as the house is in a state, he has also got to chop out a 22mm cold feed through the fabric of the house.

Consultation would have been a better option as he will now have to undo this.

Ask yourself this, would you pipe the feed this way if it were your house?

he should have consulted you on this i agree

I am also a tad concerned how he has come out of the gas box. is it me peepers or has he cut through the top of it??

I am sure thats a no no but i could be wrong.

also it doesnt look that bad!

By the time hed chopped a 28 into the internal wall protected it against the materials surrounding it you'd have weakened your internal wall cos you cant chop more than a quarter(from memory).

Boxed in youd have to vent it.

It'll soon go green and you'll not notice its there.

you can't just chase a gas pipe in a wall tho can you? how would you know it was there. I see alot of new builds especially flats with gas pipes ran externally.

I would have consulted you first and when you objected upped the price considerably for the job. What he has done is perfectly acceptable, paint it black if you like.

It looks like the fella's doing a decent job, there's plenty who would have run it in 22mm. Stop whinging.

He should have spoken to you about it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back